Dark Android Green, Blue, and Red for Liberty 1.5

ayatesdx

Reaction score
Looping

Just installed blue theme. Got a problem. My phone wont get past the booting screen with the droid eye then it says droid again and repeats. Anything you could do to save my phone would be appreiciated.

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Just installed blue theme. Got a problem. My phone wont get past the booting screen with the droid eye then it says droid again and repeats. Anything you could do to save my phone would be appreiciated.

Pull the battery then put it back in and power up the phone. It should boot into clockwork recovery and you can try clearing your cache or restore a backup. Once you figure out what went wrong with the install (corrupt file, incompatible mods, etc...) you can then try again.

sk8

Reaction score
Is there anything you'd like me to try and do Greg to replicate the market issue?
I did try flashing all of the different market versions with no luck.
What I was receding to when backing up is that TB was backing up an already modded version of LP. I used the LP restore feature to backup my home screens but it was actually TB that backed up LP that was already modded. So it could have been the modded LP. The market versions have stayed the same through my backups and restores so I thinks there's a conflict as you mentioned between mods and not the market version.

sent from a sweet paper weight

ayatesdx

Reaction score
looping

I've tried everything it seems like. tried clearing cache, tried restore, tried factory reset, nothing is working. All I can take from this is my phone is bricked and boot looping. I tried RSD Lite and and .sbf file that should unbrick it but my computer says phone is not compatible with multi-inferface super file. any clues. im considering taking it to VZW to get them to do it but not sure they will do it without charging some outrageous price. Anybody that can help with this I'd appreciate it.

sk8

Reaction score
You get your problem solved?
Also if you hold power button and home button till it boots then release the power button and continue to hold the home button until android with exclamations shows up, release home and press the search button.
Navigate to clear/format data and cache, reboot . Then restore a backup.
This will do a factory reset so you will need to dial the Verizon number that you are instructed to call.

ayatesdx

Reaction score
Still Looping

Just tried that. Thanks for the attempt. doesnt wanna work. at the bottom of the android system recovery menu, it says "E: cant open /cache/recovery/command" idk what that means but all i know for now is that im phoneless and really irritated. through no fault of anyone here. Just aggravated with myself.

sk8

Reaction score
It sounds more serious than it is. Mine said the same thing the first time I screwed my phone up. I thought for sure I was with a brand new phone that I Fd up. Let me locate a few things so we can get you going. Don't panic, stay calm there's a ton of great people around here to get you going.

sk8

Reaction score
Just tried that. Thanks for the attempt. doesnt wanna work. at the bottom of the android system recovery menu, it says "E: cant open /cache/recovery/command" idk what that means but all i know for now is that im phoneless and really irritated. through no fault of anyone here. Just aggravated with myself.

When you go to the stock android recovery which option did you choose?
When you boot to recovery : hold power + home until you see android Guy release the power button only and continue to hold home until the exclamation shows up the press the search button. Navigate to wipe data/factory reset.
Hopefully this gets you too boot if not you will need to sbf.
Before you attempt to sbf figure a way to get a full battery from a buddy.

ayatesdx

Reaction score
Got into the android system recovery.
went into wipe data/factory reset
It states wiping data, formatting data
formatting cache, data wipe complete.

Just hit reboot now. Boot Loop again.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
And you're gonna get a boot loop because you don't have anything installed, just a blank phone. The "factory reset" isn't what it is, it completely wipes the phone. If you can get into the android system recovery, do you have the option to install an update.zip?

sk8

Reaction score
If it was the theme that shafted him it would clean data and cache it doesnt format the boot.ini just a factory reset. Its worked for me in the past.

ayatesdx

Reaction score
And you're gonna get a boot loop because you don't have anything installed, just a blank phone. The "factory reset" isn't what it is, it completely wipes the phone. If you can get into the android system recovery, do you have the option to install an update.zip?

Just did what you said, phone states:

Finding update package
opening update package
verifying update package
E: failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)
E: signature verification failed
Installation Aborted.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
That's saying you don't have an update.zip there. Take the ROM and rename the installer zip to update.zip, then place it in the root of your sdcard. Then do the same process. If this doesn't work due to signature verification, find someone who has an update.zip of the stock build. Your phone can be saved.

ayatesdx

Reaction score
That's saying you don't have an update.zip there. Take the ROM and rename the installer zip to update.zip, then place it in the root of your sdcard. Then do the same process. If this doesn't work due to signature verification, find someone who has an update.zip of the stock build. Your phone can be saved.

Im new to all this so to be honest, i could use some step by step.