D3 skipped in custom roms

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
It'll get ROMs, just not sure when.

It kinda sucks that a lot of people don't even consider the D3 just because they see its 3G.
Its a great phone even without 4G.

*edit- Just found out it was sold out online! Maybe it is pretty popular after all!

javipoo

Reaction score

It kinda sucks that a lot of people don't even consider the D3 just because they see its 3G.

It's a great phone without 4G.
Who knows, maybe we'll get surprised and somehow this'll get 4g

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

I guess we can hope!
But even if it somehow did, I would turn 4G off.

I need my battery lasting at least 8 hours.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

Not possible. Not LTE radio. Only CDMA and GSM.

end of line...

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Maybe they'll do a Droid 2 and Droid 2 Global thing?

Droid 3 now and maybe in a month, and droid 4G that they would give as a replacement?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
@BonesJones,
I hope you don't feel we came down hard on you about your fears. But we all pretty much feel you have nothing to worry about. The D3 WILL get rooted and it WILL get roms. WE know for sure DroidConcepts on it and that's a great rom itself. So were good in the hood playboy! We just gotta keep our seatbelts on until root is found!

Big D

Reaction score
There is absolutely NO WAY Verizon would launch a D3 with LTE and offer an exchange.

infinity8x3

Reaction score
Try having a dx2 with a tegra2.

A dual core running on a single core optimized OS :(

We have had a custom recovery and 2'nd init for what seems like ages but yet no prospects on any official ports of decent roms.

The devs we do have are new and need to mature... I appreciate them and there work and they hopefully will eventually be great roms but for now meh.

The only decent prospect for us is a newly released update that breaks the only thing we do have... root. :(

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is absolutely NO WAY Verizon would launch a D3 with LTE and offer an exchange.
Did they do that with D2G or something?

Anyways, lol, I never would have thought they'd do that. Ever.. pretty sure they'd lose some money. I think people just simply meant maybe a release of a 4G version too. If that happens, people can sell their Droid 3 online, then use that money as your discount towards the Droid 3 4G.

I don't think they'll release one though. LTE probably won't be until the Droid 4/Droid 4G.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Not right away, but they would.

They offered me a HTC Thunderbolt, Droid X2, or Droid Charge when my Droid X broke. (it was my 3rd tho)
And those costs much more.

digipoo

Reaction score

Not right away, but they would.

They offered me a HTC Thunderbolt, Droid X2, or Droid Charge when my Droid X broke. (it was my 3rd tho)
And those costs much more.

After my fourth replacement in less than 2 months they sent me a droid inc2 which was DOA and then they offered me a brand new droid 3. So it could happen...

OP
bonesjones

bonesjones

Reaction score
Thanks all, I feel WAY better about the homebrew community for the d3 now.

Glad I stirred up a snake den, completely renew-ed my faith that the d3 will get great support, and trust me I'm practily stalking p3droid and woodyman watching their every post. ;)

wseyller

Reaction score
I wonder if some aspects of the D3 will be similiar to the Bionic in respect to rooting, bootloader, ect. If so the D3 might be a good ginea pig for future Bionic owners like me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk