D3/D3G Safestrap 3.05 Themes

xSKUDx

Reaction score
This question is for Hashcode. I can't seem to find the answer. Hopefully this may also help anyone who has the same question. I like to customize my Droid inside and out...and currently im having two issues preventing me from doing that. My question is how do I get a custom theme on Safestrap 3.05? I'm not going to reverse engineer your package just to theme it. Is there a way to go about that? I searched hash-of-codes(dot)com and ended up only finding older archives for TWRP themeing which had me SBF'ing stock and rebooting. Any help would be appreciated...keep in mind this is for my own personal customization and not for uploading and passing around without proper credit. PM me if you would prefer.

And kinda self-hijacking, but my second issue is after the safestrap splash screen I get 10 seconds of blank screen before my custom boot animation. I removed the pause before starting "part0" in the desc.txt to alleviate that which gave me only a few extra frames. However still cutting my bootani short. This issue may or may not be possible to fix, just figured Id add it in before crowding the forum with new posts right from the git go. I realize I can just add alot of bloatware to bring up the boot time allowing my animation to finish but that would just be counter-productive wouldnt it. ;)

Thank you.

doogald

Reaction score
And kinda self-hijacking, but my second issue is after the safestrap splash screen I get 10 seconds of blank screen before my custom boot animation. I removed the pause before starting "part0" in the desc.txt to alleviate that which gave me only a few extra frames. However still cutting my bootani short. This issue may or may not be possible to fix, just figured Id add it in before crowding the forum with new posts right from the git go. I realize I can just add alot of bloatware to bring up the boot time allowing my animation to finish but that would just be counter-productive wouldnt it. ;)

Forgive the dumb question, but are you saying that you are getting 10 seconds of blank screen *after* hitting the search button when the Safestrap menu shows?

I'm just trying to make sure you understand that the Safestrap menu shows for 10 seconds before booting the phone into the default slot, unless you press the search button firs - then it starts your ROM immediately.

OP
xSKUDx

xSKUDx

Reaction score
Forgive the dumb question, but are you saying that you are getting 10 seconds of blank screen *after* hitting the search button when the Safestrap menu shows?

I'm just trying to make sure you understand that the Safestrap menu shows for 10 seconds before booting the phone into the default slot, unless you press the search button firs - then it starts your ROM immediately.

Not a dumb question I wasnt clear...but yes I know, heres some clarification....I had sbf'd to stock...rooted, unlocked via D3G unlock code, which BTW I never gave Verizon my IMEID, called from a different phone, and gave them NO real personal info or name....(which might mean I am in possession of a "one size fits all" D3G unlock code) flashed XT883 radio and build.prop, made a 3 second call to prove gsm activated. Installed SS3, activated it, installed haters gonna hate on romslot1 3gb, steeldroidv4.8 romslot2 2gb. Loaded DCHGH, wiped everything several times, rebooted for that long first load. PowerOff. Did the same for SD4.5, activated DCHGH...installed root explorer, added custom boot animation and lotsa reboot testing ;). AND THATS IT! DCHGH: It loads bootloader (M)dual core logo for 10 seconds , Safestrap splash loads for 10 seconds...then 20 seconds of blank screen, THEN start of bootani that lasts 12 seconds. which is cut short but is still going until the lockscreen wallpaper loads(the lockscreen is actually visible 11 seconds into bootani). SD4.8: 10 seconds for (M), 10 seconds for SS3, 29 seconds black screen, 15 seconds bootani. Without SS3 active i get 10 second (M) logo, 10 second SS3 splash, 15 seconds black screen, and oddly enough 20 seconds of stock bootani. I literally just counted it during all 3 boots.

Oh and sorry for overuse of punctuation and complete disregard for those little red squigglies.

Last edited:
OP
xSKUDx

xSKUDx

Reaction score
465 views and not even one suggestion....WOW, mods feel free to close this thread I see no further point. If anyone has an answer feel free to pm me.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Currently we don't have any official or unofficial (that I know of) theming for SS3. If other people have made themes, I haven't seen them. Hash has said before that people are free to make their own since there is a themes folder. As for your other issue, I have no idea.

OP
xSKUDx

xSKUDx

Reaction score
Thank you, but unfortunately that themes folder has nothing in it aside from a few empty folders and a cpl pictures that arent part of the theme. Thanks for the reply.