D3 battery drain issue (cell standby and phone idle)

Shadow00Caster

Reaction score
I am having some weird battery issue, over the past few weeks I have noticed a significant drop in how long my phone lasts with moderate usage, it seemed to happen after I applied speedy .. whether that was just coincidental I am not sure. I used to get around 20+ hours with the stock battery no real tweaking except root and rom, with stock battery I barely pull 10 and with extended I hit about 11-12. I don't run too much, it's pretty sparse .. gmail that I don't use, k9 mail with a few imap push accounts that are not too active, handcent sms with average 20 max texts per day, 3g always no wifi or bt, gps on but only used by maps which I rarely open.

I was originally running Steel Droid, rooted, bootstrapped with CWM latest. I've spent a few weeks reading all the different posts and trying just about all the suggestions I could find. I got a new Motorola extended battery (BF6X, up from BF5X - I hate the extra bulge from others), I have formatted internal and external sd cards, flashed to different roms with complete wipes and clears of everything, done battery calibration from full charge to phone dies and charge back up uninterrupted a few times, I have removed speedy from init.d, I have updated my PRL .. I am just about out of ideas.

I am currently using Liberty with CWM bootstrap latest, I prefer it over others, and see cell standby and phone idle at the top of my battery chart. I did notice that when I was on SD it was the Android OS that was on top but the time that the battery lasts was still the same, just different chart toppers.

At this point I am about to reset the thing and go FRU it at VZW, any help is greatly appreciated.

View attachment 47758..View attachment 47759..View attachment 47760

tlpalmer01

Reaction score
i flashed to dark droid, recalibrated battery stats after wiping and battery life has been great....