D2g

robb57

Reaction score
Is my D2G the only one that hasn't got the GB upgrade? Or is not out yet?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Last I checked there is no official OTA update yet. There was 1 or 2 leaked versions. One of those "leaks" may be based on te SOAK update which was more like a beta testers release then official Gold candidate release.

Just to be sure though, make sure you have an unrooted phone(not sure if bootstrap counts). Go to settings->about phone->check for updates.

Last edited:
OP
R

robb57

Reaction score
Well thanx is there a date for it to come out? I went to some websites and it said there was release date kn September??

OP
R

robb57

Reaction score
It ain't rooted or anything im still running the 2.2 version.

SteveIrv

Reaction score
Last I checked there is no official OTA update yet. There was 1 or 2 leaked versions. One of those "leaks" may be based on te SOAK update which was more like a beta testers release then official Gold candidate release.

Just to be sure though, make sure you have an unrooted phone(not sure if bootstrap counts). Go to settings->about phone->check for updates.

Actually......there was an OTA release, which was the same version the soak testers were playing with. It was in the wild for a couple days and then got pulled because of specific issues with Exchange. Moto is working on those issues and an OTA update is pending "soon".

MegaThrasher

Reaction score
I got the GB OTA and im on it right now.

silver6054

Reaction score
Actually......there was an OTA release, which was the same version the soak testers were playing with. It was in the wild for a couple days and then got pulled because of specific issues with Exchange. Moto is working on those issues and an OTA update is pending "soon".

And for the nth time (for fairly large values of N), if you want the OTA that was pulled, you can get it from here:

Gingerbread leak - D2G Updated to 4.5.607!!

Install at your own risk etc, but it works well, unless you need encryption for Exchange

SteveIrv

Reaction score
And for the nth time (for fairly large values of N), if you want the OTA that was pulled, you can get it from here:

Gingerbread leak - D2G Updated to 4.5.607!!

Install at your own risk etc, but it works well, unless you need encryption for Exchange

Yeah, and??????

My post (which you responded to) was only a response to a guy who stated there had been no OTA release.......which there had been. I wasn't trying to replace Google as a source of info, only heading off the spread of misinformation.

silver6054

Reaction score
Yeah, and??????

My post (which you responded to) was only a response to a guy who stated there had been no OTA release.......which there had been. I wasn't trying to replace Google as a source of info, only heading off the spread of misinformation.

Sorry if it came across that way, it was really meant for the OP saying it you want to get GB, you can!

OP
R

robb57

Reaction score
Is it worth it, cuz my phone is running like crap.. and I thought thats why...

silver6054

Reaction score
Is it worth it, cuz my phone is running like crap.. and I thought thats why...

A lot of people (including me) found that the GB update is great, really helping battery life and stability (look at the uptime threads for example). But some have had major problems with the upgrade (this certainly happened with the early GB for the Droid X, but people have complained about this on the D2G too).
So I would give it a try, and if it makes things worse, you can always SBF back to the Froyo version.

SteveIrv

Reaction score
Sorry if it came across that way, it was really meant for the OP saying it you want to get GB, you can!

Thank you.....yes the soak test version is the same version that went OTA for a couple days before it was yanked. It's still out there and works great if you don't have need to use Exchange for e-mail. Moto is working on a fix for that which will be an incremental update for everyone. Don't know when..."soon" ;-)