D2G Sfb flash failed?

NickHutch

Reaction score
I tried to flash my D2G just to get everything back to out of the box, using the posted SFB, and I downloaded RSDlite 4.9 and I have the drivers.

After I try to flash it states "Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Phone[0000]: Error switching phone to BP pass through mode (0x70BE0); phone disconnected.

I don't know what else to do, any help?

tmhung

Reaction score
I tried to flash my D2G just to get everything back to out of the box, using the posted SFB, and I downloaded RSDlite 4.9 and I have the drivers.

After I try to flash it states "Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Phone[0000]: Error switching phone to BP pass through mode (0x70BE0); phone disconnected.

I don't know what else to do, any help?

I think you need installing 64bits driver in RSDlite pack

OP
N

NickHutch

Reaction score
Installing 64-bits driver? Where would I get that at? I'm downloading the moto drivers back off of there website. Is that the driver that I need?

OP
N

NickHutch

Reaction score
Now my phone won't even show up in RSDlite to try and flash it anymore. I guess its completely screwed...

tebower

Reaction score
I doubt you're screwed. You have the cable, the SBF, the phone, and the software. There is probably something small that you're missing. I'd take a break, and start over in a bit.

Follow the steps for Method 2 on this site:
Droid 2 Global SBF File (2.4.29) Full and RSDLite

Have the driver files extracted to an easily located file (like on the desktop) so that you can find them if prompted. Make sure you also have the baseband drivers. If you don't, search for them or PM me, I can email you a ZIP.

Don't touch your phone during the process. The error you mentioned made it sound like your cable had lost it's connection (the 'phone disconnected' part).

Persistence and research...you'll get it working.

Last edited:
OP
N

NickHutch

Reaction score
No idea how, or why. I was already using method 2. I just tried it again and it worked. I'm so happy right now lol.

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
Nick,
I just had a similar experience...

I'd get all the way through each block of the sbf, and then it would try to put the phone into BP pass though mode, stall for a bit and Fail. When the phone switched to BP pass through notification popped up like windows recognized a new device, but it never asked for drivers, and acted like it was installed fine.

After failing twice, my battery died (and then you cant do anything till it gets charged). This all took place under windows 7 64.

Lucky for me, I know someone with a D1 and borrowed the battery and started over.

With a fresh battery I tried it all again on a winxp (not 64) pc. Installed the latest moto drivers from their site. Found Here:

Moto Drivers 4.8.0

Installed Rsd lite 4.9 and plugged in my phone (it was already in bootloader mode, since it had failed twice before.

This time, it went through the flash, switched to BP pass through mode and finished fine (I did have to boot into recovery and factory reset to get past bootloop).

When it got to BP Pass Through mode, windows recognized the phone as MDM6600 device and automatically installed the drivers. This is where it hung on the windows 7 machine, and I'm pretty sure it's because it didn't automatically install the drivers. The full sbf RSD lite package includes those drivers (the tbf release package). If you cant try it on a windows xp machine, you'll have to act quick and be ready for the phone to switch to BP pass through mode.

If you cant try from an XP machine try this:

Get ahold of the MDM6600 64 bit drivers (either from tebower or elsewhere), unzip them to a location you can easily find, and open Device manager.

Start the sbf as normal. When it tries to switch your phone to BP pass through mode quickly go into device manager, find the motorola device, right click it and select update drivers.

Tell it not to search but that you have the files on the pc. Browse to wherever you stored the MDM6600 64 bit drivers and install those.

If it gets the drivers installed quick enough, rsd lite should successfully recognize the phone in BP pass through mode and continue onward.

Good luck.

OP
N

NickHutch

Reaction score
It already worked for me, it must have found the drivers on its own, or when I downloaded motohelper earlier, it must have installed the ones i needed. Thanks for the help though.

leobg

Reaction score
When you install the drivers, windows does not prompt for restart, but in order device to be recognize you must restart Windows. I had same issue long time ago when I started flashing my Milestone. Once you install all drivers and programs, reboot and then use RSDlite - you will be fine.