D2G or Samsung Fascinate

Vandy343

Reaction score
So guys my dad got a DX dirt cheap so he's letting me use his upgrade but we have to before the 14 cause of verizons new policy. So D2G or SF. Pros cons I like my keyboard but can live without it. How is rooting on the SF I know the D2 is locked but is there really any devlopment on the SF. I'm running saphirre with the jdlf or whatever it is kernel.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Between those two I'd go with the Fascinate. I gave my sibling my original Droid since i never used the physcial keyboard...

The only thing I don't like about the Fascinate is the UI, but i hear that could be easily changed. The Fascinate can be rooted I know that, I'm not sure about the ROM support for it though.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I do love my droid2global, and the keyboard really is better than the original Droid (though I do miss the d-pad).

Sent from my A70H using DroidForums App

mcapozzi

Reaction score
ROM support for the Fascinate is pretty poor (Blackhole is the best custom ROM I've used so far).

Manufacturer support for the Fascinate is lacking (we are still stuck on 2.1).

I would get the X or the D2G, much better support from both the manufacturer, and the modding community.

-Mike

Detonation

Reaction score
So guys my dad got a DX dirt cheap so he's letting me use his upgrade but we have to before the 14 cause of verizons new policy. So D2G or SF. Pros cons I like my keyboard but can live without it. How is rooting on the SF I know the D2 is locked but is there really any devlopment on the SF. I'm running saphirre with the jdlf or whatever it is kernel.

I don't think the new policy will take away anyone's current available upgrades. It only applies to new contracts signed after that date, meaning no one will be getting an annual upgrade on Jan 16th, 2012. At least I hope.

I'd wait for an official word and details from Verizon about this before buying any phone.

OP
V

Vandy343

Reaction score
Dad doesn't wanna risk it and lose his upgrade, my dads stuborn and no arguing with him. I think I've settled with the droid incredible because of the developer support for the phone.

Detonation

Reaction score
Dad doesn't wanna risk it and lose his upgrade, my dads stuborn and no arguing with him. I think I've settled with the droid incredible because of the developer support for the phone.

I understand the concern but there is no difference between upgrading today or on Jan 15th. Might as well wait and see if Verizon does in fact say something. If nothing is said before the Jan 16th date, then go into the store on Jan 15 and get your phone...

Bilgediver

Reaction score
If you wait a little bit the droid bionic is coming out soon (and the htc thunderbolt, too), both shaping up to be jaw dropping amazing phones.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App