D2, D2G, or wait...

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
my Droid is being replaced by a preferbed phone via warranty on verizon. but one of my other lines is eligable for an upgrade so. should i wait and live with my preferb'ed D1 and go through the rooting process all over again :( and wait 'til "something" (if you have any REAL evidence of better phones being released sometime soon...) or should i just hope on the D2 or D2G. oh and hardware keyboard is needed.

harrellj

Reaction score
Are you in an area getting LTE anytime soon? 4G LTE Network | Verizon Wireless is where to find out. If so, wait til CES (Consumer Electronics Show) in January to find out what phones are going to be LTE-compatible. Otherwise, I'd say stick with the D1.

OP
mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
well i know the 4G service is going to be more expensive...even tho it'll be faster...but I'm okay w/ the speeds of 3G. But after rooting the D1...having to clock it down after awhile on numerous kernal's I just want the Speed of a 1ghz or better processor... :p

aldaudio

Reaction score
4G phones wont be out till february.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
if you're waiting for 4g phones you gonna be waiting awhile. I say just hold on and wait for you specific line to be upgraded.

OP
mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
if you're waiting for 4g phones you gonna be waiting awhile. I say just hold on and wait for you specific line to be upgraded.

4G phones wont be out till february.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

as i stated i really don't care about 4G, 3G is good enough for me...and this line doesn't get an upgrade until NEXT december...so my question stands..Droid 2, Droid 2 Global, or wait for a better faster phone w/ hardware keyboard...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Waiting for a new phone will basically mean getting a 4g phone. If you aren't interested in 4g then the question is do you need the function a d2g offers. If you aren't going to be traveling out of the country, just get the droid 2. It has a lot more dev support as of now and I know you said you were rooted so that may be a concern.

tappin and a talkin

OP
mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
Waiting for a new phone will basically mean getting a 4g phone. If you aren't interested in 4g then the question is do you need the function a d2g offers. If you aren't going to be traveling out of the country, just get the droid 2. It has a lot more dev support as of now and I know you said you were rooted so that may be a concern.

tappin and a talkin

yea i mean obviously eventually i will convert to 4G...but I just have no need for its speed right now...and only reason I'd want the D2G is b/c it has a 1.2ghz processor, and comes in white :) since i really dislike the navy blue coloring of the normal D2...but I would probably buy some black vinyl and cover it anyways. But yea i would obviously root the D2 to just get my ability to theme back hehe. But, are there any better android phones coming out in the next 2-3 months that have hardware keyboards, that boast something better than the D2's?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Imo I don't think there will be anymore new phones coming out before the 4g explosion likely to take place in early january. Its possible but I personally doubt it. There will be better phones but like I said, they will all be 4g. As for the 1.2ghz thing if you're going to root the d2 you can easily clock it that high or higher. Also the phone is blue out of the box but mine now appears black after 3 months of use. I compared it to a new model at vzw last week and you would swear I had some special black edition.

tappin and a talkin

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is a nice thought spaz - it does seem things are on hold in a sense :happy:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya. When you think about it vzw is clearly pushing th dx d2 d2g and dp as their holiday phones. Its already dec 9th and personally I don't see them releasing any phones this month. Then you have jan, with 4g being the current buzz word and ces on the horizon I doubt we will see anymore 3g phones being released.

tappin and a talkin

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
im with spaz on that one I was in the store yest to get my sister a droid for Christmas and and ask them the same question the guy told me he didnt no of any phones coming out till the 4g hit and those phones get released so I would say the D2 myself like spaz said you can overclock to 1.2 very easy mine is stable at 1.3 but i keep it at 1.2 bc it seems to get hot a lot less faster but that my 2cents...as long as you stick with vzw and do go to att haha