D2G Dialer Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
P

Pattmyn

Reaction score
That's pretty much where I am now as is, so that's fine lol My unlock is based in the radio.

Last edited:
OP
P

Pattmyn

Reaction score
Damnit, I can't seem to download GummyJar. It keeps requesting a username and password for "droid2files.com" and doesn't allow me to download.

Edit: Big Update! If I use my Bluetooth headset, it still won't route audio to the headset BUT the headset knows when the call begins and ends (as the hardware beeps when it engages and disengages) and the remote call/end key works.

Edit 2: Third party dialer apps DO NOT WORK. Just reroutes into the standard dialer.

Edit 3: Okay, strike a pose as a team, because s*it just got real. I still can't make OUTBOUND calls, but if someone calls me, it works fine! This is making less and less sense by the minute. I'm going to wipe and start over from Fission Stock to see if this was me messing around or if this was true the whole time.

Last edited:

EOK1335

Reaction score
Exactly same issue on Telus, which makes me have to switch back to stocked rom..sucks.
I guess it is because Telus is running on HSPA and some roms does not support it very well...but i haven't tried any other GSM based carriers to prove it.
BTW, sometimes i success in making outgoing calls on fission, but very, very few.
sry about my poor english...

Last edited:

satoru

Reaction score
its sounds like you screwed up. when i installed fission, i also installed the Simcard addon and it worked fine and fixed the problem your talking about, not sure if my problem and yours are the same as i only delt with it for a few mins. i flashed fission, imported my contacts and tried to call someone but it was all screwy. i went into frm and installed the simcard addon. since your in canada i dont think its the same. sounds like you flashed a few different roms? did you make sure to follow all the steps? i would sbf back to stock and factory reset. then try fission 2.4.3. the problem could be as simple as that fission does not have the ability to run gsm??? if stock works for you then stay at stock and use titanium backup to freeze apps. try these links and read up more on gsm. wikis always a good place to start. hope this helps sorry i cant give you an exact answer.

GSM frequency bands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/get-r-done/130116-rom-d2g-stock-deodexed-busybox-root-2-4-330-full-rom.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/get-r-done/124823-rom-tools-team-get-r-done-d2g-rom-er-tool-tool-convert-d2-roms-use-d2g.html

OP
P

Pattmyn

Reaction score
Naw man, this is well beyond the ROM's not supporting GSM. If that were the case, no radio functions would work - no text, no nothing. In our cases, we can receive inbound calls, but can't make outbound calls.

Curious that EOK1335 has the same problem...at least I'm not going nuts. I've kinda stagnated on the issue though since I dropped my D2G for an HTC Desire Z after this whole takedown notice fiasco. I'll try again with a Rogers SIM in the next few days when I find some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.