D2 Possibly bricked from liberty rom?

TechPB

Reaction score
so i just rooted my phone, and was running 2.3.3 gingerbread i bought the liberty tool kit and installed the liberty 2.0.1D2 zip it installed everything and then rebooted and showed the liberty load screen for about 10 minutes so i pulled the battery out and tried restarting it about 5 times and it either freezes at that screen or it goes away and goes to a black screen, ive tried hard resetting it and it goes to the triangle with an exclamation point and then i do the volume up and camera button and nothing works....

someone please PLEASE help me, i dont care what i have to do i just need my phone working, thank you.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
The best thing to do is flash back to stock
The same thing happened to me while installing the same rom...
Sent from my DROID2

OP
T

TechPB

Reaction score
Oh my bad no its my droid 2 not global but thank you guys so much for the quick reply!

OP
T

TechPB

Reaction score
okay thank you so much but when i try and boot into recovery once the triangle comes up there is an exclamation point in the center of the triangle and wne i do the volume up and press the camer button no matter how long i hold it it wont do anything.. thats why im concerned it may be bricked..

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
once you get to the screen with the exclamation point, press the search (magnifying glass) key on the hard keyboard and you should then be in stock recovery. You can try wiping data/cache/factory reset once more to see if that will solve your problem. If not, just boot into bootloader. You are rebooting into stock recovery (by holding x and power on at the same time) and to flash an sbf you need to be booted into the bootloader. You can't to my knowledge boot into bootloader from the stock recovery menu so just do a battery pull and boot straight into bootloader. Do this by pressing up on the dpad of the hard keyboard and holding while powering on the phone. If this does not work, then power off the phone and hold both volume keys (up and down), while holding power on the phone. I hope this isnt too confusing...:)

OP
T

TechPB

Reaction score
Im a slightly confused if i hold down pwoer and x now it brings me to Clockwork Recovery v2.5.0.6 with a list of options what should i do from there

(and i cant thank you enough for taking the time out to help and idiot like me lol)

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
U need to get to the screen that says something about USB flash ready...I think you get their by pressing the volume button up

Sent from my DROID2

OP
T

TechPB

Reaction score
okay ive got into the bootloader and ti says "battery okay" the "OK to Program" then "Transfer mode:" then USB
is this suposed to connect my phone to the computer so i can put the sbf on my phone ? because if thats the case then its not connecting to my computer..

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Open rsd lite 4.9
Put the phone in bootloader mode
Plug it in. It should say s flash. Connected, or something like that.
Click the box with (...) and find the EXTRACTED full sbf file. Select it.
Hit start and let it ride!

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

OP
T

TechPB

Reaction score
its not detecting my phone for some reason i did it exactly as you wrote it..

OP
T

TechPB

Reaction score
okay i got the sflash part but it wont let me press start..

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Strange. You have the full sbf file (extracted)?, drivers and rsd lite 4.9? What system are you on? XP? Win 7? If on win 7, you'll need to run rsd lite as administrator.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

OP
T

TechPB

Reaction score
yes the file is extracted and i wasnt running it as an administrator but ive run into another problem my battery is low and it doesnt seem to charge.. i dont see how to fix this.. :(