D2 lost rooting on new GB, need my wireless tether back!

sjmena

Reaction score
Hello,
I have old information on rooting my droid2 using SBF, but I am clueless how to root my phone now that is has the new gingerbread OS. Please help with instructions on rooting for those with gingerbread os.
Or anyone know of other way to get wireless tether?
thank you.

mayan

Reaction score
hello
I am new to this forum and was wondering what I need to do for the following:
Recently just got an update on my droid 2 phone and have lost my wireless tethering so I freaked because my phone was acting up so I didnt know what to do so I did a factory reset on it and now am totally lost. If anyone can help that would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hello
I am new to this forum and was wondering what I need to do for the following:
Recently just got an update on my droid 2 phone and have lost my wireless tethering so I freaked because my phone was acting up so I didnt know what to do so I did a factory reset on it and now am totally lost. If anyone can help that would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

How is it "acting up?"

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

mayan

Reaction score
well it locks up and battery seems to always drain very fast and plus Im just not sure if I can still root phone. Thanks

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well it locks up and battery seems to always drain very fast and plus Im just not sure if I can still root phone. Thanks

Well, the most obvious question to ask is whether you have a Superuser icon in your app drawer? There are two different routes you can take depending on whether that icon is there or not.

mayan

Reaction score
Yes if i go into my app drawer i do still show the super user ninja icon there. So how do you suggest I go about rooting the phone. Im sorry if I dont explain details well. I thank you for the help.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Riayoko

Reaction score
Yes if i go into my app drawer i do still show the super user ninja icon there. So how do you suggest I go about rooting the phone. Im sorry if I dont explain details well. I thank you for the help.

I had this same problem I had to flash sbf back to 2.2 and updates and reroot with the one click program posted above but tether is still not working there is some posts on fixes and im even debating using radiocomm hack but im trying to find the easiest fix..ill post if I find anything that works easiest for me..

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

mayan

Reaction score
Ok that worked and I see when connecting my device to it but go too click on internet browser comes up saying internet not available
Any suggestions

SevereDeceit

Reaction score
OK, Rooted my D2 using the One-Click method for the Droid 3. I had root previously and was running into issues because I had Superuser already installed when I did the OTA update. After several attempts using the One-Click for the Droid 3 and having no luck I tried one more time. I noticed that during the procedure It reboots your device a few times, I didn't see in the instructions that it said to unlock the device after each reboot during the procedure. i did that and now have full root access. Permanent as well. Just an FYI.

mayan

Reaction score
How do I unlock phone during setup ?

mayan

Reaction score
Issues with my 3g switching between gb and froyo os so it doesnt stay connected on the gb os any suggestions?