D2 Gingerbread Rooted

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Has anyone else had the problem of not being able to turn their screen off while using Navigation in Google Maps?

I had it happen today, drained my battery sooo fast using GPS, 3G, and screen on. I would turn the screen off and it would instantly turn back on. Never had it happen except with this ROM.

Also when I come out of airplane mode and I'm roaming it gives me a popup saying I'm roaming on international network....I'm at least 8 hours inland from the nearest coast too.

Your not alone, same here with that Navigation bug.

Sent from a D2 runnin GB.

mkw87

Reaction score
Has anyone else had the problem of not being able to turn their screen off while using Navigation in Google Maps?

I had it happen today, drained my battery sooo fast using GPS, 3G, and screen on. I would turn the screen off and it would instantly turn back on. Never had it happen except with this ROM.

Also when I come out of airplane mode and I'm roaming it gives me a popup saying I'm roaming on international network....I'm at least 8 hours inland from the nearest coast too.

Your not alone, same here with that Navigation bug.

Sent from a D2 runnin GB.

It's not a Gingerbread issue either, it's the new Maps version. Same problem on Liberty 2.01

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
Anyone having problems typing in the text message box? Or it just hanging when you're trying to make phone calls? This is EXTREMELY buggy for me so far.. on an R2

ender4212

Reaction score
I installed this on my fiancee's D2 last night and she's having issues with her in-call volume. You can barely hear anything when placing calls. The in-call volume is all the way up (all volume is for that matter including system volume). Any help would be appreciated.

edit: reboot fixed the issue

Last edited:

udaykiran0

Reaction score
I installed this on my fiancee's D2 last night and she's having issues with her in-call volume. You can barely hear anything when placing calls. The in-call volume is all the way up (all volume is for that matter including system volume). Any help would be appreciated.

edit: reboot fixed the issue

Reboot fixes the volume issue

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
From what I have seen and experimented with I would NOT install the odexed or deoxeded versions of gb. I have stuck with just the plain prerooted version of gb and have had NO probs with anything!
and this is on the d2,which now harldly no one wants to support anymore. Darn fake ass 4g claims just to sell new phones. What is 4g? Just 3g uncapped! Bleh

Mdelisle25

Reaction score
So just curious before i go up to GB rom, what are the issues that its having? anything thats real big?

Mdelisle25

Reaction score
sorry about the double post, but i did end up getting GB on my phone any everything, question is if i ever want to go back to my froyo how would i do so?

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You will have to sbf back. Just search for a tut on it.

Abs

Reaction score
Does this mean that new D2 roms will be based on gingerbread?

sudermatt

Reaction score
Anyone else notice after you turn on WIFI tether, it forces you to go to a VZW page instructing you to call customer service to pay for the service? Guessing verizon added something extra to GB for that one...going back to squidly.

Wifi Tether (via that super hack) is an absolute MUST for me. My squid ROM is wigging out right now so I really want to get GB...but I tether all day long and MUST have the WFT.

topgungoose

Reaction score
Anyone else notice after you turn on WIFI tether, it forces you to go to a VZW page instructing you to call customer service to pay for the service? Guessing verizon added something extra to GB for that one...going back to squidly.

Yep, that happened to me yesterday. I turned on the Wireless Tether app and when i turned it off, my browser sent me to that page or told me i have no internet connection

fishaholic

Reaction score
From what I have seen and experimented with I would NOT install the odexed or deoxeded versions of gb. I have stuck with just the plain prerooted version of gb and have had NO probs with anything!

FWI the plain prerooted version of GB is the odexed version ;)