D2 dock charger?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't believe you'll be able to use the charger with a case on it.

10yck

Reaction score
You can not use the charger dock with a case. I take the case off for charging at night in the dock.

Reaction score
I don't believe you'll be able to use the charger with a case on it.

There is a removable insert that will allow the use of some cases, though I haven't been able to find a comprehensive list of which cases do and do not work. The Otterbox Commuter case seems like it would fit if it didn't have the port covering, but it does, so it won't.

OP
Tillyswilly

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
User: Bobby Villines, Aug 23, 2010

This device does exactly what it is supposed to. Remove the insert and keep your phone in a case. Charges and allows you to play music. It looks great as a replacement for my old alarm clock.

thats the 1st comment on the listing it not that big a deal at all i was just trying to figure it out somehow

Reaction score
i was just trying to figure it out somehow

I have the dock that came with the R2-D2, which as far as I know should be identical to the one you bought except for the color and artwork on it. The insert on mine snaps right off with just a little pressure from behind the portion that sticks out over the back part that is attached permanently to the base.

OP
Tillyswilly

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
it wont come out and im not gonna break it trying so it will b alright

Reaction score
it wont come out and im not gonna break it trying so it will b alright

Now that I think about it I recall having difficulty with it the first time I tried to take the insert out. Once I got it out the first time, however, it's been coming off really easily... though that could just be because I figured out where to apply pressure to make it snap off.

tonythedroid2

Reaction score
Ok the little tab above the" M" just push it a little forward and it should just pop up, I bought my dock 3 days ago, I love it, especially the dimming feature

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App