D2 Clockwork Recovery Question

mtuchris

Reaction score
I did a handful of searches and couldnt find the answer to this quick question...
Do I have to flash a full GB rom (i.e. monster updater etc.) before applying my GB based nandroid backup after I have sbf'ed back to stock froyo?

Long version of the same question...
I tried to flash Apex from Zombiestomped and it bootlooped after wiping data/cache, no luck booting clockwork recovery and stock recovery was unresponsive to the search button. I sbf'ed to froyo successfully but I am not sure if I need to flash the GB kernel before I can use my nandroid backup or will I just be forced to start over again if I dont flash the GB rom first.

thanks in advance
chris

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did a handful of searches and couldnt find the answer to this quick question...
Do I have to flash a full GB rom (i.e. monster updater etc.) before applying my GB based nandroid backup after I have sbf'ed back to stock froyo?

Long version of the same question...
I tried to flash Apex from Zombiestomped and it bootlooped after wiping data/cache, no luck booting clockwork recovery and stock recovery was unresponsive to the search button. I sbf'ed to froyo successfully but I am not sure if I need to flash the GB kernel before I can use my nandroid backup or will I just be forced to start over again if I dont flash the GB rom first.

thanks in advance
chris

You will have to be on the gingerbread kernel for your apex or zombiestomped backup..any backup that's kernel is froyo needs the froyo sbf and the same with backups that were backedup with gingerbread,has to be gingerbread sbf...cool? Hope this helps...I'm 99.9 % sure...good luck !!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

PTREE818

Reaction score
Yes Hello u wanna easier method? I'm not 100% sure where I got it, either Android market or Blackmart , but there is an app from TBH , that has already been updated w/ the files-along w/ all SBF's .:bday2: