D1 vs. D2 charger

Big Ry

Reaction score
I had posted a thread on here asking if there was any difference between these chargers and other accessories I own. I was told everything is identical. But i got sent a D2 from warranty exchange, and they told me the chargers are different (but for some reason the batteries arent lol). So they sent me a new charger, but its different than the one my D1 came with. Not spec wise (didnt compare yet), but the design. My D1 has a detachable AC plug, the D2 one they sent me is 1 solid unit. Am i supposed to just swap them out? Im almost inclined to send them back the new one since a detachable charger is more useful. However, I need to make sure theyre the same charger. Anyone have this issue?

Zetsumei

Reaction score
Both the D1 and D2 use micro USB to charge. I also got a D2 as a D1 replacement, you shouldn't have any issues with the charger. Assuming you're using the base USB cable that came with your D1 initially?

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Both the D1 and D2 use micro USB to charge. I also got a D2 as a D1 replacement, you shouldn't have any issues with the charger. Assuming you're using the base USB cable that came with your D1 initially?
im more concerned with specs than the style of charger. did they not send you a new charger?

Zetsumei

Reaction score
Both the battery and the charger for the D1 will work w/ the D2. They are pretty much identical to eachother minus the better physical specs on the D2. I use my D1 battery as a back up for my d2, and use my original D1 charger to charge my D2 with no issues.

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Both the battery and the charger for the D1 will work w/ the D2. They are pretty much identical to eachother minus the better physical specs on the D2. I use my D1 battery as a back up for my d2, and use my original D1 charger to charge my D2 with no issues.
Ok, thanx. Im thinking I should probably just keep the D2 charger for fear of voiding my warranty. God knows, VZW would love for that to happen.

Zetsumei

Reaction score
Ok, thanx. Im thinking I should probably just keep the D2 charger for fear of voiding my warranty. God knows, VZW would love for that to happen.

The warranty shouldn't be voided from using the original d1 charger. But better safe than sorry I suppose! Good luck!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Fear not, my Droid 1, Droid 2, and wifes Droid Pro all get charged from a Blackberry charger. Anything Moto should be just fine, and in keeping with the warranty terms.

metroplex

Reaction score
As long as your USB charger is capable of over 800 mA, I think you're safe. I use a Griffin USB charger designed for the Apple iPod and it is capable of 1000 mA or 1A and it charges my Droid 2 just fine.

I can use the same micro USB charger for my dad's LG Rumor2 to charge my Droid 2.

Key things you need:
A micro USB "B" connector (most micro USB cables are this type)
Some type of USB wall charger, or just hook it into your laptop

NOTE: My Droid2 will NOT charge via a USB port unless drivers are installed on the laptop. The laptop I have at work is locked down to prevent the use of USB drives/SD cards, and prevents driver installs. As a result, my Droid 2 won't charge via the laptop port and I have to bring in a wall charger.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Keep them both. But do NOT send your old one back or you won't be able to connect to your computer.