CyanogenMod's New Camera App "Focal" Now Built In To CM10.2!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
bd32cyanogenmod-photo-app-focal-500x321-467x270.jpg

Cyanogen Mod has really become the standout custom Android Firmware in the root and rom community. It is normally the first Rom that I run on my new devices when I want to try out stock AOSP Android! They are known for building stable roms and adding some pretty awesome but minimal features that really add to the user experience. Their new camera app "Focal" has been added to the repositories and will begin to show up in all CM10.2 builds. Focal brings all kinds of innovative features.

Features include a custom sidebar with personable widgets, quick capture mode, timer and burst modes, built in voice triggers for when you say "cheese", light meter ring, focus ring, swipe enabled review drawer, swipe to delete unwanted photos, video snapshots while recording, refocus video, auto photo enhancing feature, 360 degree panorama, and much more.

This is still considered unstable. The stock camera will remain in CM builds until Focal has been made completely stable. There are no plans to make this a market app for the time being so you will need to install Cyanogen Mod in order to try Focal for now.

Via +CyanogenMod