CyanogenMod7 Getting closer to release on Droid3

Darksthour

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know who is looking for more roms or are wondering if Dev's are working on the Droid3 (P.S. they are). Here is a video posed on Droid Life with CyanogenMod7 booted on our fancy phone. Nothing really is working yet but it is booted and running. Check it out.

[video=youtube;FrzPSLIJyiQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrzPSLIJyiQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Tepes

Reaction score
This will be wonderful. I know there are some devs that like to use that as a base and it would be a great leap forward.

sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2

Hawkobo

Reaction score
Sweet! Can't wait to try it out!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Reaction score
I've been checking here twice daily (droid 3 subcat) and no new knews is up....any word? Cyanogen is on build 208 but what's that mean for d3s?

Sent from my brain using Droid3

wildride89

Reaction score
Are they going to have a decent build. When cm7 came out on droid x I didn't like that they had nightlies to fix bugs.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Hopefully they'll get everything working in time for CM9. That's what I'm really looking forward to.

Last edited:
OP
Darksthour

Darksthour

Reaction score
Apparently they are skipping 8(honeycomb) and just going to 9 (ics). which is cool.

flyinglulz

Reaction score
But it is still the 8th installment of the Cyanogenmod series, so why call it 9?

Teleport Successful

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
But it is still the 8th installment of the Cyanogenmod series, so why call it 9?

Teleport Successful

Because CyanogenMod has named their releases around Google releases. CM6 was Froyo based and all the updates/revisions were CM6.xx. Once Gingerbread was released the version changed to CM7 and CM7.xx. Honeycomb is the "after Gingerbread" release from Google though it is for tablets only and no source code has been released. Ice Cream Sandwich is the release after HoneyComb. Since Gingerbread = CM7 and HoneyComb is after Gingerbread......and ICS is after HoneyComb......ICS = CM9.

svickstc

Reaction score
anymore news on this?

Looking forward to seeing CM7 on the Droid3