CyanogenMod Team Shares Progress Report on CM9; Explains Delays

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
CM-logo.png

The guys on the CyanogenMod Team really have their hands full with all the new code in Ice Cream Sandwich apparently. That is what they shared recently in a progress report on their CM9 build for Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich, and why it is taking a bit longer to get it out than past versions. They mostly had to start from scratch, but the payoff will be worth it. The "back to the drawing board" approach has allowed them to rethink each step in their process. One example they gave is that CMParts app will be eliminated because they can instead they expose custom features directly inside the main settings menus. This has allowed them to strike a better balance between customization and providing a really good out-of-the-box experience.

They are aiming to make CM9 feel like a product that might have actually shipped on your phone, instead of just a sophisticated hack. Here's a quote from their progress report,

As our hardware support improves, I’ll keep this blog updated. As much as we’d like to stay ahead of the manufacturers, it may be a tie this time :)

Don't forget to check the CyanogenMod source link below for more details in the full progress report.

Source: TransformerForums via CyanogenMod

Big Ry

Reaction score
I cannot wait for this to drop. I really hope they address some of the known issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
CM ROMs are always worth waiting for. I like the "ground up" approach they're taking with ICS. I'm in no rush as I know they're really working hard on the ROM and making it as best as they can the first time around.:hail:

jayman350

Reaction score
Support for the Bionic? Plllllleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeee????

yeah I would love to see this as well, not holding my breath or anything though cause it seems that most devs have left the Bionic by the wayside...which sucks cause it really is a nice device that could be amazing if all the little bugs got worked out

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Loving it on my Xoom :) ... It's not official yet, but the updates we've been having are compiled from the upstream patches, and they're doing awesome work!