customized ringtones/alerts

dessyrain

Reaction score
I just got the droid razr m and was wondering if i could set specific alerts and ringtones per person. i like knowing who is calling and texting me before i look. I'd LIKE to have it so i can have ringtone A and alert B go to person X and ringtone C and alert D go to person Z if you get what I'm trying to say. I dont want the same alert to go for everyone and i dont want the alert and rington to be the same thing.

drivinfocused

Reaction score
GoSMS and Handcent both allow you to do the text message alerts.

IF the Razr Maxx and M are the same, you should be able to go into that contact, select edit contact and then scroll down and should say Set ringtone (or something like that).
hope that helps.

OP
D

dessyrain

Reaction score
it only lets be set one ringtone/alert for eah person

I want something different for alert and something different for ringtone for each person individually

drivinfocused

Reaction score
IIRC, you have to use a thrid party messaging app to do set up a text message alert for an idividual person. now you should be able to change the ringtone be editing the contact. (as i said if the M and Maxx are relatively similar)

OP
D

dessyrain

Reaction score
Ive got individual ringtones but its not playing the right one when they text me...

OP
D

dessyrain

Reaction score
FIGURED IT OUT! XD Had to download the free apps zedge and ringo lite. download the ringtones you want from zedge and then from ringo lite you can set the default ringtones that play for anyone you dont have a specified ringtone for and then you can set custom ringtones AND alerts for specific people. but you have to go to settings>sound>default notification>silent otherwise it will play the default AND your chosen tone which is just kinda annoying