custom roms on cricket network???

CreepyE

Reaction score
Ok to start off, I have a droid1 rooted and flashed to cricket network. I can use all my apps with internet and all. Maps and market works. I know I can flash custom roms without reverting the flash. Thing is when I do flash a rom my market and apps won't work. I heard I can flash a custom rom without resetting apn settings so my apps still work. My question to you guys is, is there a theme-able custom 2.0 rom?

VigVoodoo

Reaction score
I flash all kinds of roms all day long. I'm using a Droid on Cricket. Everything works. All I have to do after changing roms is put the startup.sh and u2nl files in the folder they need to be and chmod 755 them. I then install the Autostart (root) app and change my APN. Reboot and I'm done. Everything works perfect.

OP
CreepyE

CreepyE

Reaction score
Links to all that a how to please and thank you sir. What roms do you run? 2.0 or froyo roms?

VigVoodoo

Reaction score
I run Froyo. Bugless Beast v.05, Ultimate Droid eXtreme 8, CyanogenMod 6, Zen-Miui V2. Pretty much all the new roms as they come out.

Here's the steps you need to know since your phone is already flashed:

Download and install Autostart (root) by Blank-online.eu and Root Explorer by Speed Software from the Android Market.

Now using your phone download this zip file,
http://www.whiterabbit.org/android/u2nl.zip, from WhiteRabbit.org.

Open the Root Explorer app and give it root permission if asked. At the top there should be a button that says "Mount R/W", press it.

Navigate to the /sdcard/download folder and open the u2nl.zip file you just downloaded. Inside you'll find the u2nl file. The autostart.sh file should also be in the zip file in the autostart/motodroid/cricket folder.

Extract both files. The extracted files will be in the /sdcard/extracted folder.

Move the u2nl file to the /system/bin folder and set its permissions to
User: Read, Write, Execute
Group: Read, Execute
Others: Read, Execute

Go to the /data folder and create a new folder named "opt" if it's not already there.

Move the autostart.sh file to the /data/opt folder and set its permissions to

You can now exit the Root Explorer app.

Now launch the Voice Dialer app and say "Open APNs". Modify the APN to look like this:

Name - Cricket
APN - internet
Proxy - wap.mycricket.com
Port - 8080
Username - [email protected]
Password - cricket
Server - wap.mycricket.com
MMSC - http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
MMS - Proxy wap.mycricket.com
MMS Port - 8080
MCC - 310
MNC - 004
Authentication Type - PAP or CHAP
APN type - <Not set>

Save the APN changes and reboot your phone. That's it. You can check out the full process at Motorola Droid Full Solution Updated

OP
CreepyE

CreepyE

Reaction score
When do I flash the rom? After all that? Because I can't download after rom install. Only view web

VigVoodoo

Reaction score
You do all this after you install your new ROM. Setup a WIFI connection on your phone or just download to your computer then transfer via USB to your phone's SD card.

kclive

Reaction score
I run Froyo. Bugless Beast v.05, Ultimate Droid eXtreme 8, CyanogenMod 6, Zen-Miui V2. Pretty much all the new roms as they come out.

Here's the steps you need to know since your phone is already flashed:

Download and install Autostart (root) by Blank-online.eu and Root Explorer by Speed Software from the Android Market.

Now using your phone download this zip file, http://www.whiterabbit.org/android/u2nl.zip, from WhiteRabbit.org.

Open the Root Explorer app and give it root permission if asked. At the top there should be a button that says "Mount R/W", press it.

Navigate to the /sdcard/download folder and open the u2nl.zip file you just downloaded. Inside you'll find the u2nl file. The autostart.sh file should also be in the zip file in the autostart/motodroid/cricket folder.

Extract both files. The extracted files will be in the /sdcard/extracted folder.

Move the u2nl file to the /system/bin folder and set its permissions to

Go to the /data folder and create a new folder named "opt" if it's not already there.

Move the autostart.sh file to the /data/opt folder and set its permissions to

You can now exit the Root Explorer app.

Now launch the Voice Dialer app and say "Open APNs". Modify the APN to look like this:

Name - Cricket
APN - internet
Proxy - wap.mycricket.com
Port - 8080
Username - [email protected]
Password - cricket
Server - wap.mycricket.com
MMSC - http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
MMS - Proxy wap.mycricket.com
MMS Port - 8080
MCC - 310
MNC - 004
Authentication Type - PAP or CHAP
APN type - <Not set>

Save the APN changes and reboot your phone. That's it. You can check out the full process at Motorola Droid Full Solution Updated

When I do this my apn vanishes like I never put it in. Even after I reboot my phone and check the apn file again it is still gone. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks

I should mention that I am using an Evo and everything else works just fine.

Last edited: