Custom Rom Wont Load!

Marc322

Reaction score
I rooted my droid no problem.
Used rom manager to load MIUI Rom on my MOTO Droid 1 = Problem.
It says it loaded successfully but just hangs on the cyanogen mode screen with the blue android on a skateboard logo.
I tried reinstalling the rom a couple of times to no prevail.
I have no other rom on the sd card so i cant just load another one from recovery. Can anyone help?

I got the rom from Video: MIUI ROM for Original DROID - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I rooted my droid no problem.
Used rom manager to load MIUI Rom on my MOTO Droid 1 = Problem.
It says it loaded successfully but just hangs on the cyanogen mode screen with the blue android on a skateboard logo.
I tried reinstalling the rom a couple of times to no prevail.
I have no other rom on the sd card so i cant just load another one from recovery. Can anyone help?

I got the rom from Video: MIUI ROM for Original DROID - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Did you wipe Data and Cache? Did you make a backup 1st?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
++1 ^^^^ this. The instructions for that rom specify that a data/cache wipe is neccessary.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Well if you don't have a backup AND don't have another ROM on the SD Card no worries. Just power the phone down and pull the SD Card. Download another, stable more popular ROM. BB v0.5, CM6, SS, etc... to your PC. Put the SD Card in a reader and pop the bugger into your PC and then copy the ROM to the root of the SD Card. If you are using CMR no need to rename the .zip file. If you are using SPR rename it to update.zip then copy it to the SD Card. Put the SD Card back in the phone, boot into recovery. Wipe Data/Cache 3x and then flash the new ROM. Fixed.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but I also heard that Miui rom is not fully functional yet. That might be some of the issues as well.

It is working and fully functional with the dialer patch.

It is just a bit buggy though.

OP
M

Marc322

Reaction score
yeah i had to wipe a few time before it worked properly but was very buggy thanks for the help tho