Custom Labels for Website in Contacts - problem - help please...

tron55555

Reaction score
Hello. In the Droid X Contacts, when creating or editing a contact, if you scroll to the bottom and expand the section called "Additional Information", one of the pieces of additional information you can add or edit is the contact's web site(s). It gives multiple labels to choose from ("Blog", "Homepage", "Profile", etc.), but it also has an option called "Custom" that supposedly allows you to create your own label. So, I select "Custom" and then use the touch screen keyboard to enter the label name ("YouTube", for example), and I select "OK". Then, on the screen where I'm editing the contact, the label appears next to the web site saying "YouTube", like it should. However, here's the problem: after I hit "Save" to save the changes I've made to the contact, the label reverts back to simply saying "Custom", and no matter how many times I try to change it back to "YouTube", it always reverts back to "Custom" as soon as I hit save. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a way around it?

Thank you for your time and help.

Last edited:

KLBailey

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with the "Nicknames" I'm thinking it's a software issue. It used to work before the Froyo update. After the update everything I had custom named reverted back to "Custom". Hopefully the next update will correct this. It would also be nice if in the same area they would add a ringtone for text messages and not just phone calls.

OP
T

tron55555

Reaction score
yeah I haven't used the nickname field yet, but I was surprised to find that when I tried to use a custom label on the e-mail address field, it worked with no problem, kept it fine, still no luck with the website field though. Definitely something that needs to be fixed...