Custom Fonts?

liquidpixel

Reaction score
Hello, Im new to the forum and just finished rooting my Motorola Droid to Chevy's Steel Droid 5.5 Gingerbread. I cam across this link on LifeHacker to install new fonts on a rooted android phone.

Fachadick's fonts for Android

The directions say to just flash it and it should work. So I go into the recovery menu. (power down, power up holding X) and loaded the font.zip file through the clockwork menu, reboot, and nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Is this not the proper way to "flash"? Im still learning all this, so sorry if I sound like a nooby nooberton, I AM! Thanks in advance.

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
I could be wrong and someone please correct me if I am, but I think you need to rename the file to update.zip . Try renaming it then flashing again.

OP
L

liquidpixel

Reaction score
I could be wrong and someone please correct me if I am, but I think you need to rename the file to update.zip . Try renaming it then flashing again.

Well, I gave it a shot Hicks, and no luck. :icon_ nono2: Thanks anyway...

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Ok got another solution. Download root explorer from the market. Extract the zips for the fonts and put the font files on your SD card. Use root explorer to copy the files to where the fonts are stored. That should work, however, I don't know what the directory is for fonts. I'll search around on my phone and see if I can find it.

They are in system/fonts

Copy them there and you should be good.

Sent from my OG Droid using DroidForums App