Stuck in root limbo

tiny_spark

Reaction score
Recently I tried to change the font of the clock on my lock screen, but this resulted in a boot loop so i restored to an earlier image that I made before I rooted and I seem to be stuck somewhere between being rooted and unrooted. When I try to run applications that need SU access, they fail and SU doesn't come up and ask me for permission. I've tried using Universal Android Root. It says that I am rooted but won't let reroot or unroot.

The worst thing is that I no longer had Clockwork Mod recovery flashed so I can't restore to a nandroid backup also since I can't give Rom Manager SU permission I can't flash it either.

Any have any idea's how to fix this or return to stock so I can start over? I don't have windows so I can't use RSD Lite.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
root using link 3 in my sig after using link 1, option 5 or 6 to get back to stock.

please root using this method as one-click methods are causing a lot of problems..

OP
T

tiny_spark

Reaction score
I tried option 5. I've flashed lots of stuff through RSD Lite, but no matter what .sbf files I try it always fails after trying to re-enumerate, including sp recovery.

I tried option 6 but the update.zip failed after verification.

I tried the Root with any OS method, but again every attempt at using RSD Lite fails after trying to re-enumerate.

Last edited:
OP
T

tiny_spark

Reaction score
I eventually figured out what happend, turns out it was my own fault. After restoring to a backup running 2.2 FRG01b I installed the update to FRG22d which is far more difficult to root. I ended up using this guide to get it to succesfully reroot my phone: How to: Root Motorola DROID Running Android 2.2 FRG22D | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Thanks, Abe21599. Your advice about avoiding one click solutions and looking for a more comprehensive root process ended up solving my problem. It is a noble service you provide.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks, Abe21599. Your advice about avoiding one click solutions and looking for a more comprehensive root process ended up solving my problem. It is a noble service you provide.

i am only to try and help :) theres reasons why not to use the one-click methods, but thats another story (unless you want to know, then PM me :) )

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: the the forum, and glad you got your issues resolved, as you will find our Rescue Squad is Top-Notch