doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
unrevoked2 recovery reflash tool

please donate to the devs. they worked very hard on this. And enjoy

thanks to the unrevoked team!!!

also there arent any roms currently available except for a few test ones out. please do not go to koush or cyanogen and harass them about CM to the incredible. if they choose to make it, itll get done if not do it yourself.

UPDATE BELOW
koush and the unrevoked folks have done us a favor and updated this to the newest clockwork recovery version. keep in mind this is the only method as of now to update the recovery. flashing a new recovery through clockwork mod is only temporary and does not stick.

the link to xda with some more indepth instructions
Unrevoked team: Recovery reflash tool (updated!) - xda-developers

please enjoy and thank the developers.

Last edited by a moderator:

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I am sticking this one, Cause, It works on My Incredible :icon_ banana:

Of course, after I finally did it the hard way, duh,, This makes is so Easy !

I am sure, Once You Try it, you Will Love it !!

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am sticking this one, Cause, It works on My Incredible :icon_ banana:

Of course, after I finally did it the hard way, duh,, This makes is so Easy !

I am sure, Once You Try it, you Will Love it !!
my apologies for not being clear. you must have rooted the hard way first for this to work. you have to already have a rooted phone for this recovery to work...

opengeo

Reaction score
Used the tool just now. Be sure to install the updated bootloader driver included the zip. I am doing a nandroid backup now. Hoping to see our first ROM soon.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Sorry for that misconception,
But it's nice just to be able to do my nandroid backup now.
Waiting for the day, we can do so much more.

And Yes, It still deserves the sticky :p

sithian476

Reaction score
Mine is getting stuck at "Waiting for superuser privileges (this could take a minute or so)...". Yes, I am using the custom HBoot driver supplied. Maybe I'll keep retrying...

opengeo

Reaction score
Mine is getting stuck at "Waiting for superuser privileges (this could take a minute or so)...". Yes, I am using the custom HBoot driver supplied. Maybe I'll keep retrying...

Try a battery pull. On several occassions, I have regained su access by pulling the battery.

Last edited:
OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
also please if you need help ##incredibleroot. the devs are there for a little bit tonight to help others.

Lynx

Reaction score
I cant get this to work either. It does it all, reboots fine, than it waits for the system to settle, than it loses communication with the phone.

jasonb

Reaction score
htc sync needs to be uninstalled from your computer first for this to work.

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Disabling HTC Sync worked for me, didn't have to uninstall.

yes please have charge only and usb debugging on only.. sorry i had this issue in testing

opengeo

Reaction score

I cant get this to work either. It does it all, reboots fine, than it waits for the system to settle, than it loses communication with the phone.
As someone noted above, HTC sync needs to be uninstalled, or I guess disabled, in order for this work. Disabling it didn't do the trick for me, I needed to uninstall.

Lynx

Reaction score
I will try that out now, I was doing it on my mac and it didnt have HTC Sync installed. I am on my work PC now and it does have HTC Sync so I will uninstall it and try again. Will keep you posted!

Edit: Worked good now :)

Last edited:

sdorn

Reaction score
I used my mac as well and it was super easy. No drivers to install or worry about, just download the tool and run it, plug in phone when prompted, and the app took care of the rest. Highly recommend using a mac for this if you've got one lying around.