custom charger for two droid 2's

ajg596

Reaction score
I want to make a charger and dock for two droid 2 phones using one outlet. I was wondering if u guys could help out. I can use the usb cables from the chargers, but I need help making the circuit board before the two usb ports. I need a schematic of the circuit board I would make with the resistor amounts, capasitor amounts, ect. So they wouldn't get overcharged or undercharged. Can somebody help me out? Or a schematic of the ol charger plug from the outlet before the usb plug and I could get it from their. Thanks for all your help guys

VooDooCC

Reaction score
I needed something similar with 2 different phones, but since I didn't really care about looks. I just plug a small usb hub into the outlet to usb adapter, then plug the usb cables in that way.

nickheart

Reaction score
I'm seeing a problem that the DROID doesn't want to go to the full 500ma (go read the USB spec at WiKi ... I can't be bothered to provide a link :( ) for usb when attached to a USB hub which has no computer host!

I'm trying to make a portable charger for USB devices (IE DROID, iPod {yeah, I'm not a fan of Apple, but they made a product that was worth my $$$}, and a Kindle) but the DROID isn't happy with a powered USB hub.

I plug into my computer, and the lock screen says "[PERCENT_CHARGE]-Charging" (might be the other way around - but you get my point), however when I plug the DROID into my powered USB hub with no computer uplink I get nothing.

I can see that I'm charging with particular tools (SystemPanelLight) but the little white LED next to the charging jack is _NOT_ lit, nor does the lock screen report that I'm charging.

Do I need to re-wire the USB hub to remove all the data circuits???

I needed something similar with 2 different phones, but since I didn't really care about looks. I just plug a small usb hub into the outlet to usb adapter, then plug the usb cables in that way.