Cursor moves backward in text message

justguessing

Reaction score
When I open a new text message on my Droid and begin to type a contact name, the cursor automatically moves backward as I type. This means that if I try to type in "Mary" it comes out as "Yram." When I try to move the cursor manually, it simply resets to the beginning of the word, causing any new letters to be added at the front end. After a few seconds of waiting, it stops and allows me to type normally. But it is still extremely annoying.

Has anyone else encountered this or know how to fix it?

Thanks,
Jacob

IUseDroid

Reaction score
Same Problem

I have been having the exact same problem since about the time that you posted. I have no idea what is going on with it but, since it is a bit frustrating, I would love to hear a response.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In all the time I've been hanging out here I've never heard of this. That's why you're not getting a response.

Try doing a factory data reset out of your privacy section. Start fresh and see if you still have the issue.

And don't use a task killer or antivirus.

kmkocot

Reaction score
This has been happening to me as well. Do you guys use lookout? I'm wondering if that's the culprit.

strobez395

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem...has anyone found a solution?

If I try to type in the contact I want to text right as I open up messaging (so it looks it up in contacts) it will start typing right to left. I have to wait about 10 seconds and then it will type normally.

IUseDroid

Reaction score
That Factory Data Reset option worked for me a while ago. I started using Handscent as my main text messaging for a while, but it started to slow things down so I recently stopped. The issue just came back again. Thinking about doing the Factory Data Reset again since it had good results.

strobez395

Reaction score
I'll give it a shot...Just hate having to re-install all of my apps again. Can't wait till I get a new phone in a few months.