Current droid cpu same as droid x?

krnboixshawn

Reaction score
So i was watching a youtube video of a apple fan boy comparing the iphon4 vs droid x. Not sure how valid his statement is because he called the droid x cpu snap dragon omap lol. But he mentioned that its the same cpu as the current droid just overclocked to 1ghz. Can anyone verify this for me.

OP
K

krnboixshawn

Reaction score
Here is the link to the apple fanboy doing his unbaised review lol.

Youtube Video

Warning: Watch at your own risk. May turn you stupid!

rkeller62

Reaction score
Droid has a TI OMAP 3430 processor underclocked at 550 Mhz (600 Mhz is standard) and the Droid X has a TI OMAP 3630 processor clocked at 1 Ghz.

Some say the X processor is overclocked, but I believe TI says it can be clocked up to 1 Ghz.

opcenter

Reaction score
The specific model identifier I've seen is actually OMAP 3630 1000. The 1000 makes me think that it was designed to run at 1GHz.

jweber

Reaction score
I think his review was actually pretty good and he didn't seem to me to come off as an Apple Fanboy. He may have said they ramped up the TI OMAP processor to 1gig but didn't say it was the same processor model nor did he call it a snapdragon omap.

Can't wait till the 15th have to X's on preorder at BestBuydancedroiddancedroid

Jmart922

Reaction score
His usual opening: "WHATS UP EVERYBODY JOHN...ETC!" I've watched this video before, and honestly i have found this guy john to be a pretty fair reviewer, he does state that his cellphone of choice is an iPhone but on different occasions the iPhone has been beaten out...not saying his reviews are perfect but in all
fairness he does a decent job at comparing most gadgets not just cellphones, imo of course, btw he forgot mention the swype feature on the DX which should of added a point to the DX's overall score

Last edited:
Reaction score
OEMs never overclock there processors as far as ive ever heard. In fact a lot of the time they are underclocked. (MotoDroid was clocked at 550mhz, down from 600mhz). The model of the OMAP is the 3630-1000 with the ARM8 Cortex architecture. Heres some good specs most people wont look at: Motorola MB810

tmoney2007

Reaction score
This guy is in love with the front facing camera... so he gives both camera rounds to the iPhone?