Curious about the thunderbolt

wildride89

Reaction score
I just got a d3 about a week ago and I had someone offer to trade me my d3 for their thunderbolt. Im not familiar at all with htc's ui and was trying to get some opinions on the thunderbolts v. Droid 3. I understand about the keyboard v no keyboard. Any help would be appreciated.
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
TBolt is also 4G, D3 is not...so if you live in an area with good 4G coverage, internet browsing would be like day and night. That being said I have no experience on the D3, just that it only has 3G

CKD2

Reaction score
I went to Tbolt from a Droid 2 and am loving it. Especially 4G and huge screen. I do love the d3 with it's awesome keyboard and good size screen but I think the tbolt is a better phone cause it meets my needs.
If keyboard doesn't matter to you, grab the tbolt. You won't be sorry.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I just got a d3 about a week ago and I had someone offer to trade me my d3 for their thunderbolt. Im not familiar at all with htc's ui and was trying to get some opinions on the thunderbolts v. Droid 3. I understand about the keyboard v no keyboard. Any help would be appreciated.

Sense 2.0 and 3.0 are hands down the best stock user interfaces on the market regardless of what features you are looking for unless you want a vanilla UI. I came from a D1, so it was a major upgrade for me. I could easily mention all the positives already mentioned in this thread, but instead I was to focus on what most people forget to mention now matter how practical the feature is and that is simulataneous voice and data support over 3G as well as 4G/LTE. No other phone on the market can perform that task over 3G. If battery life isn't a major issue for you, then the TB will serve you well.

johnd09

Reaction score
It becomes even better if you root it, excellent developer support. I overclocked and undervolted it with bamf forever and it is extremely fast and I get 10 hours on 4g. However, it is great even stock.

Sent from my BAMF'd 'bolt using Tapatalk

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Wow, they really must want a physical keyboard... or better battery life. Hands down I choose the tb, with an extended battery of course.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score

The UI is way smoother and a overall a better experience go Tbolt if u can live with out the keyboard.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums