Cropping Songs For Ringtone on Droid X?

WildWllyWalker

Reaction score
Well I added the app RingDroid and so far i'm lost. When I open it up it shows about 6 ringtones that... I suppose come with the phone? I sync'd two CDs to my phone using Windows Media Player. So why won't they show up under RingDroid? Is there a different app I should get or are my songs in the wrong place? If they are, how do I move them? Thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I added the app RingDroid and so far i'm lost. When I open it up it shows about 6 ringtones that... I suppose come with the phone? I sync'd two CDs to my phone using Windows Media Player. So why won't they show up under RingDroid? Is there a different app I should get or are my songs in the wrong place? If they are, how do I move them? Thanks.

When you open up Ringdroid it should show under there. Did you turn them into .wma files? I think they have to be .mp3.

D

dvdcatalyst

I'm not sure about ring-droid and why they wouldn't show up,
but

1. unless you changed the format in WIndows Media Player to MP3 manually, it rips the files to wma,
2. Syncing the songs with Media Player usually puts them in the root of the memorycard, which could be a location ringdroid doesn't like. This thread might help.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/pe...-do-you-save-ringtone-your-text-messages.html

While not directly related to your issue, it has the proper locations for music files and ringtones listed. It should help.

My personal preference for putting songs on your phone is by hand (through WIndows Explorer, drag&drop), rather than using a media player application to sync them for you.

OP
W

WildWllyWalker

Reaction score

I'm not sure about ring-droid and why they wouldn't show up,
but

1. unless you changed the format in WIndows Media Player to MP3 manually, it rips the files to wma,
2. Syncing the songs with Media Player usually puts them in the root of the memorycard, which could be a location ringdroid doesn't like. This thread might help.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/pe...-do-you-save-ringtone-your-text-messages.html

While not directly related to your issue, it has the proper locations for music files and ringtones listed. It should help.

My personal preference for putting songs on your phone is by hand (through WIndows Explorer, drag&drop), rather than using a media player application to sync them for you.

Ok well then they're wma. I feel stupid but do you have to change them to mp3 before you rip the cd? And if so how? ^.-
Now you said they need to be put in a certain place. When I pull up the windows explorer for the Droid it gives me three folders; Albums, Music, and dcim. Do I just place it in one of those? The CD is currently in albums and music but they're wma files.

Although I do have iTunes so shouldn't they be mp3s there? I have no idea how to find the songs in itunes though.

Geez, I figured it out. LOL. I copied and pasted a song I had downloaded that was an mp3 and it was there to use! But do you need another program to turn files into mp3s from windows media player, and does it make a copy in that kind of file, or does it replace it?

OP
W

WildWllyWalker

Reaction score
If a song is an mp3 and it's in the music file it will show up under ringdroid. I already created one ringtone. I guess I just need to download that switch software to change the cds I rip.

D

dvdcatalyst

there is nothing to download. just look in Media Player's settings.

wmp-rip-settings.png

the screenshot is from wmp9 or so. 10 and 11 already have the MP3 plugin,