Creating MMS messages?

aacanela73

Reaction score
I cannot figure out how to create MMS messages on my Moto Droid. I also want to send a text with a ringtone attached and have not been able to do this either. Any help?

OP
aacanela73

aacanela73

Reaction score
From where how do you start? I have only had this phone for a week so I am still really just getting started. I have the ringtone saved on the sd card I have the contact I can't figure out how to create a mms message. When you hit the attach button on the messaging screen it gives you several options but not ringtones or audio only record audio. If I go to the music area and pull up the ringtone my selections when I hit the menu button are library, party shuffle, add to playlist, use as ringtone or delete. No forwarding or attaching or sharing available. Still Stuck. And I can attach a picture but can not then attach a sound byte. ??

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Hey,

ill get you through this.
Open the app called SMS/MMS. Then hit menue and choose "compose". Now enter the number, and write a text. Hit menue and choose "attach". Here you can attach a picture and
then the app will mak a MMS out of this sms, and attaches the pic.

Tigger

OP
aacanela73

aacanela73

Reaction score
Can attach picts not a problem. Cant get the audio.

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Let me check on that....just some moments

Edit:

When you hit menue and select "attach" a menu should popup, where you can select audio, video, picture and so on. just select audio,and browse for your file. If you cant see the file, it might have the wrong format or is too large.

Tigger

huskur

Reaction score
From where how do you start? I have only had this phone for a week so I am still really just getting started. I have the ringtone saved on the sd card I have the contact I can't figure out how to create a mms message. When you hit the attach button on the messaging screen it gives you several options but not ringtones or audio only record audio. If I go to the music area and pull up the ringtone my selections when I hit the menu button are library, party shuffle, add to playlist, use as ringtone or delete. No forwarding or attaching or sharing available. Still Stuck. And I can attach a picture but can not then attach a sound byte. ??

With the stock SMS/MMS system on the droid you cannot attach a "sound". Pictures are fine but adding sound doesn't appear to be doable. I had the same issue and posted a thread on it but i have not had any replies.

So this is what i did......go to the "app market" and download the app HANDCENT. You can attach audio with it. I have not tried it yet but the option is there to do it.

I would have thought that with a phone of this caliber that it would be rather simple to create a MMS with a picture AND sound. It appears that the only way to do it is with a 3rd party app like "handcent". If i am wrong i hope someone will let me know.

samiusmc

Reaction score
The Droid automatically converts SMS to mms once you attach something to an SMS.

Troy

Reaction score
Yeah, this really burns my arse also. On my blackberry, I used to make notes on the notepad and cut and paste them into an mms message because it would be over 160 characters. Not possible anymore! I sure hope someone is making an app for this.

OP
aacanela73

aacanela73

Reaction score
Thank you and i am still not having any results. My kid can text me ringtones from his blackberry and I can use them as ringtones but still cant send them. Someone help I jones on sharing ringtones!!

OP
aacanela73

aacanela73

Reaction score
It looks like the handcent app may have worked guys! I just tried it and it gives you the option to send audio and lets you send the ringtone. I just have to see if the phone I sent it to gets it and its usable but so far so good. Thanks!! Hey how are the font packs for that app??

Tweaked Halo

Reaction score
I've used handcent for attaching audio. I've been using chomp for the past several days trying it out. Chomp is the only one I've used so far that will allow both pic and sound at the same time.

supahrob

Reaction score
lol I can't believe this... I love the phone, but my sons 15 dollar phone can send sound AND pics over mms - I am stunned that my droid can't.

I still love the phone, but this is silly - I have to believe it was an oversight.

Take care,
Rob