creating folders in photo gallery

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Yes you can on the original gallery app, but since it defines galleries based on the folders you store the photos in, you merely have to create new folders on your phone storage.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You need to use a file Explorer to do so & then put a picture in there & it will show up in the gallery. Samsung phones have their own basic file Explorer called "My Files." Not sure about other phones, but there are several out there with different features. Personally, I like Astro File Manager, but there's also Root Explorer & many more.

Sent from my Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You can also hook the phone to the computer if your more familiar with that & create folders that way, but is recommend an app so you can do so no matter where you are.

Sent from my Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I replied. If you don't mind, I'd like to merge that conversation into this thread so others can get the same information if they experience the same issues as you are. (please disregard the last 2 messages I sent. I had some issues. Haha! The one with the picture is the important one.)

Sent from my Note 4

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hi I downloaded Astro files and the problem I have is I don't want to send pics to a app and separate them that way. I want to be able to separate them within the my gallery or my pics. Astro files has a ton of files and my pics are in a ton of different files and I'm still searching for all of them. I don't want to go into that app and then my pictures be in five thousand different locations. There gonna be in astro files then my gallery then my pics I just want one location that I can organize them and go back to that one location

Are these pictures you took with the camera, downloaded, or both?

All Astro does is allow you to see the files on your phone. By default, when you take pictures, they're all saved in a folder (usually something like "Camera" inside another folder called "DCIM") The gallery & my pics simply search your files & folders for pics & display them. Those 2 apps & Astro all open the same picture. It's just a matter of the folder path.

When you download pics, they generally go in a folder called downloads. If you use Astro to create new folders & put at least one picture in each of them, the gallery & my pics apps will see them & the folders they're in & display them. Then, you can use gallery or my pics to move other pics into those folders as you'd like. Or you can use Astro to arrange all of your pics into folders & the gallery & my pics should display them in those folders.

So, if you're using Astro to make folders & move pictures, you're not storing those pictures IN Astro & storing others in gallery & my pics. They'll all be in their respective folders saved on the phone.

Use can also use Astro to find all pictures on the device, which can help you organize them. When you're at the main screen of Astro, slide the menu out from the left side, tap searches, then pictures.
f9eb5b3ff1ff4071fe608d4e84719ccd.jpg

I went from an lg lucid 2. And in the my gallery it had a + option and I could just organize from there. That is essentially what I want. The astro files has every file I have I just want a pic gallery that's it

There may be a gallery app you can download that allows that function directly in it.

Did you check in the menu of your gallery? On my Note 4, I tap the 3 vertical dots for the menu, I have an option to create a folder directly in there. Not sure how moto's gallery is so though...

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It sounds like you just want a gallery app that allows you to organize your pictures on the fly. If you search the play store for "photo organizer" there are several options that should get you the results you want.

Sent from my Note 4