Cracked screen

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
What is Samsung area??

As an aside, I read somewhere that if your screen is cracked, it won't be covered under warranty. Don't know if that's true but how is that possible?

the samsung area is a portion of the best buy store they rented. like a store in a store. the problem with the one in my area was they never kept it staffed. now the area is full of smart home devices :)

as far as the warranty, most of the time, the warranty is void when a third party makes repairs to the phone or you do it yourself. it is the nature of the system... in addition, any damage they deemed you caused, like a cracked screen is also not covered under warranty. but it could be covered under the insurance if you have any..

Last edited:
OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
*sigh* $329 + tax......but it looks like new again..but it's owner is cryin' LOL

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Well here's the latest in the cracked screen saga. I decided to look for a screen cover and got one from amazon that advertised it was "edge to edge". Well, it wasn't. It didn't cover right up to the edges. Also, it made the front look like crap....completely different from the rest of the phone and, worst of all, affected the screen touch sensitivity. It seemed to diminish it by 90-95%. That was the end. I took it off. Now it's back to it's gorgeous self. I'll just be doubly careful with it. Now I have to remember to cross my heart when I bend over to get into my car LOL...it makes me crazy.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I sure hope touch sensitivity will not be a problem with the new phones and screen protectors. as far as edge to edge, maybe cut down and modify one that was made for a tablet.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just found out that I can an S8 for a very reasonable upgrade price through my company's plan. I'm really tempted to make the jump, but this thread and ALOT of online reports about cracked screens (even in cases) has me really worried. This phone will be a work phone that will get used in the field and can't/won't be handled with kit gloves. It's gotta hold up to some abuse.

I really wish the Active version would be made available to VZW. :(

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I wouldn't worry about it. You just have to change the amount of attention you pay to it. Now, I'm super careful with it. I even cross my heart when I bend down to get into the car so it won't fall out of my pocket. But I've decided not to cover up something so beautiful.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I wouldn't worry about it. You just have to change the amount of attention you pay to it. Now, I'm super careful with it. I even cross my heart when I bend down to get into the car so it won't fall out of my pocket. But I've decided not to cover up something so beautiful.

no matter how careful you are, sometimes accidents happen :-(