CPU always set to max frequency

sabakunotaira

Reaction score
So I've noticed over the last 2 or 3 days that my battery has been dying extraordinarily fast. I couldn't figure out why at first, but I believe I have found the reason. Using the app Elixir, I have found that my CPU frequency is ALWAYS set to whatever the maximum I have set through QuickClock Advanced. I usually have it set to the Balanced preset, which now has my CPU running at 1200ish MHz ALL day long. Even if I increase the stability buffer from 15 to 30, it still stay on the max frequency at all times.

I unplugged my phone at 11 am this morning. It is now 2:20 am and my phone is already down to 20% battery life remaining. This is with my phone being idle nearly the entire day. I made a total of 3 phone calls totaling less than 10 minutes, and sent/received less than 10 texts. Other than those calls/texts, my phone was idle the entire day and still manged to drop down to 20% battery! I've had days were I've spend 4+ hours straight playing Zenonia or some other game on my phone and still ended the day with over 40% batter.

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem? Or any ideas on how to go about solving it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.