couple questions, please help

thekid

Reaction score
first, how do you set a ringtone? I have make ringtone app but can't figure it out.. second more apps coming to market? I feel that there are very few apps. third, my screen protector makes my screen look fussy? any ways or methods to put it on and fix this? guy at verizon did the first and it looked fussy too. fourth, any way to disable smilies in messaging? or another app that looks more like D1 messaging? any help please.
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

neilrl79

Reaction score
first, how do you set a ringtone? I have make ringtone app but can't figure it out.. second more apps coming to market? I feel that there are very few apps. third, my screen protector makes my screen look fussy? any ways or methods to put it on and fix this? guy at verizon did the first and it looked fussy too. fourth, any way to disable smilies in messaging? or another app that looks more like D1 messaging? any help please.

I've read that a few people have pulled the mms app from the D1 and installed it on the D3 to use as an alternate.

xxspark89xx

Reaction score
To assign a ringtone to a specific contact:

Go into Contacts >> Pick one (i.e. "John Doe") >> Tap Menu Softkey >> Choose "Options" >> Choose "Ringtone", then pick your ringtone and press OK.

To assign a default ringtone for all incoming calls (that aren't assigned specifically like above):

Tap Menu Softkey on Home Screen >> Choose Settings >> Pick "Sound" >> Then pick "Phone Ringtone", and select your desired ringtone and press OK.

Hope that helps.

tonydelite

Reaction score

1.) Somebody answered the ringtone thing.

2.) The Android Market has over 250,000 apps. Estimated number is closer to 500,000. What exactly are you looking for???

3.) I might be in the minority on this, but I think screen protectors are useless. Gorilla Glass is pretty tough as is. Anything that is strong enough to scratch your screen is probably going to go right through a screen protector anyway.

4.) Download an alternative messaging app like Handcent. There are lots of options you can customize.

OP
T

thekid

Reaction score
well I'm looking for a good music downloader. can't find any. D1 had aton. and on handcent can you make it so it doesn't pop up? I like the idea of messages showing in the notification bar and going to them when I want, not popping up when I'm in the middle of something.. and to the person who said about D1 mms on D3, I'm guessing rooting is involved?

tonydelite

Reaction score
Almost all of the same apps available on the market for the D1 should be there for the D3. If it's not, there is a good chance it got pulled off the Market.

I don't use Handcent, but i've heard you can make it do pretty much anything you want. Just play with the settings.

xxspark89xx

Reaction score
well I'm looking for a good music downloader. can't find any. D1 had aton. and on handcent can you make it so it doesn't pop up? I like the idea of messages showing in the notification bar and going to them when I want, not popping up when I'm in the middle of something.. and to the person who said about D1 mms on D3, I'm guessing rooting is involved?

pop up? The Droid 3 default messaging application should be operating the same way as D1 and D2. If you're getting pop-up notifications, that sounds like a secondary app called SMS pop-up that I use to have different colored LED notifications and sounds for different people. (If you have that app, the pop-ups can be disabled in that app)

OP
T

thekid

Reaction score
ahhh no. I was asking if you could disable pop up in handcent messaging. my deafult one is operating normally. and which messaging app are you using?

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Handcent has the setting to turn off that popup... I had it set that way... I don't use handcent any more because I noticed it slowed down my D1 really bad... might not be a problem with this D3 though... maybe time I try it again