Could not fix phone using RSD Lite

Reaction score
I ran into an issue yesterday on my Razr while editing the settings.db file in order to get the default mobile hotspot working so maybe I wouldn't have to use the Wifi tether app. I edited the file on my computer and copied it over to the same location as before and rebooted the phone. The phone then went into a bootloop. No biggie, right? Just run RSD Lite and use the fastboot file. Well, it reflashed the phone but afterwards kept going into the bootloop. Now I'm getting worried since I googled the issue and never saw anyone complain about this problem. I then went into the recovery to wipe the cache and then the same thing. I then decided to cut my losses and wipe the phone completely, so I wiped it and installed the update file .748 after wiping it and restarted the phone. The phone then started back up. Though I wiped the phone, it still kept all my files (music, wallpapers, etc from the other partition, it just wiped the data I had and the apps I had installed. I did notice that when I had it plugged into RSD Lite that it didn't show any information in the device properties and was wondering if anyone else had that issue. I am using RSD Lite 5.6 and thought the drivers weren't right so I went from version 5.2 to 5.4 but I still had the same issue. With the phone plugged in now and working it now shows all the information in the device properties. Thanks in advance for any insight anyone could give me. I do have working knowledge of RSD Lite since I had used it on my OG Droid several times but never had the issue I had before.

eidian

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what you're asking but when I flashed the boot files using 5.6, I didn't see any of the phone's properties but the files flashed correctly.

Were the files that you're referring to stored in the phone's internal memory? The data wipe will not affect your SD card if that's where your music was stored.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
M
Reaction score
I guess I wanted to make sure that not seeing the device properties while in the bootloader weren't a warning side. Yes, the files and music we stored on the phones internal partition, I just had to reinstall the apps I had since I wiped it.