cost to replace screen on a Droid Maxx

roach

Reaction score
Does anyone no how much it cost to replace a cracked screen on a Droid Maxx,it finally split after it fell perfectly hitting the screen.It took all most 18 months and dropping it on cement tile floors and it lasted alot longer than I expected,I'm getting ready to order another phone but I want to keep it for a backup,it still works
I have insurance that I have never used and may use it if it cost over $150.00.So if someone knows I would appreciate the help.
Thank's

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
My guess is $100 to $150. Try Google and I'm sure you will get an accurate price.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If you have insurance through Verizon I think it's a $100 deductible for cracked screens. You can also request a repair at the Moto website. Not sure the price for a Droid Maxx, but a Moto X repair is $150

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
They are going for $150 on swappa. Not sure a repair is worth it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
There are also local electronic repair shops that repair iPhones and androids alike. Look around in your local area and see if you can find a reputable person..many of them can be found in malls ..my coworker just had her screen replaced for 90$ out the door on her galaxy s 5...ymmv

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
thanks i appreciate the help,i got a price of 130.00 and verizion wants to give me 25.00 if i trade it in on a turbo2.so now i am using my backup razr maxx until i figure out if i want to just save the cash and put it towards a turbo 2.
thanks

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just another piece of advice.... If you do buy a Turbo 2 you may receive an e mail offer to turn in an old phone and receive $200 off your next bill, within a few hours of activating your T2. That's way better than the $25 they will give you in the store. I don't know how long that $200 bill credit is supposed to last though.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I think if you add the Turbo 2 to the cart on the VZW site, then click trade in you should get the $200. credit. That's if the promo is still on. Check it out..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Is the 200 on the 32&64 or just one of em??

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Is the 200 on the 32&64 or just one of em??
I was just messing around on the VZW site. Seems they are only selling the 32G model + you can get up to $300. off if you trade a phone AND activate a new line.
Or enter the phone you want to trade and VZW will show you the $$$ value of the trade in.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What I mentioned is not the trade in displayed on the order screen, that is different. What I mentioned is not advertised anywhere that I have seen. After you activate the new phone some people are being offered a Device Turn In program. Turn in ANY old smartphone that turns on for UP TO $200 off your next bill. This happens after you activate the new Turbo 2. Don't know how long it lasts though.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And.....from what Verizon told me the trade in credit only applies to the Monthly Payment Plan purchases. So folks on UDP that pay full price will not get a trade in credit. Unless the reps in my store were mistaken.

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
I think if you add the Turbo 2 to the cart on the VZW site, then click trade in you should get the $200. credit. That's if the promo is still on. Check it out..
thats what i did i went threw the process of buying the turbo and at the end it asked is your phone going on and off i said yes next screen i told them it it was cracked i said yes it then updated and said it was worth $25.00.the phone is in excellent condition but has a 1 inch crack it's not shattered and no way am i taking 25.00 for it.plus i thought i read that in feb or march moto is coming out with another phone.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
$25. is a bit of an insult.. Have you checked with Moto direct?