Broke Droid X Screen. Need case for replacement

dstryr

Reaction score
So yesterday on my way to work I dropped my droid x onto the cement and destroyed the screen. The screen still functions 100% but the glass is destroyed. My replacement came in yesterday and I want to get a case that will help the phone survive if I ever drop it again?

I want to be able to drop the phone from 3 ft and not have the screen shatter. Is there any cases that fit the bill?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure any case will protect the screen itself -- it's tough to protect the screen like you would the rest of the phone, and not lose the ability to use the screen.

I think Otterbox makes a DX case, but their site is down for maintenance right now, so I cant be sure.

But, as long as you dont drop the phone on the screen itself, you should be OK with something like an Otterbox.

OP
D

dstryr

Reaction score
I think the reason that the screen broke was because it sits flat with the face of the phone. The phone dropped right onto the face ...not on the sides. I'm convinced if it dropped and hit a corner the screen would still be fine. If a case made a buffer between the screen and the face of the phone I think it would be okay (especially rubber)?

cpjr

Reaction score
Any case is going to offer you a small "buffer". Otterbox will be releasing a case that actually covers the screen as well.

Droid X Case

Reaction score
:heart:I would personally recommend my case if you can wait a while :heart:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
get a silicone case from ebay for couple bucks. creates a perfect buffer that absorbs impacts and doesn't cost an arm and a leg like rest of these.

Dxun

Reaction score
Must of hit just right on the landing. See people on youtube stabbing at these screens like crazy, and they don't break.