Corporate Email via Activesync

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
Starting a thread on Bionic's performance using secure corporate email via Activesync.

I just switched over from a Droid Pro where I used Goodlink to access my secure corporate email (Goodlink blows, but let's not take this thread down that hole). I saw lots of reports in the Droid Pro thread about the device not actually pushing email, instead fetching every 15 minutes or so. My IT group set me up with Activesync on the Droid Bionic - I access it through the "Email" icon. So far it seems to be working as intended - true push email with real time receipt and deliver, contact and calendar syncing, etc.

Anyone else using secure corporate email with the Bionic? Is it working? Any glitches?

Bionic

Reaction score
Yes. I have two ActiveSync accounts set up. One for my corporate Exchange account, and another for my Hotmail account using MAPI. The Hotmail account was giving me some certificate issues, but after deleting it and re-adding it, it's working fine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dihtn

Reaction score
For those of you having Exchange email, are you using the native ap? If so, is it working well? With my Droid 1, after a software upgrade, Exchange email went bad and I had to purchase Touchdown.

Thank you.

kylo77

Reaction score
I'm using the native client and it works well but i just discovered that i cannot accept calendar invites. Anyone else deal with this or know how to accept invitations?

tdeanhoward

Reaction score
I have two Exchange email accounts set up for my two fire dept jobs. Both work great and push my emails. Mine show up faster than the blackberry the officers have set up through IT. No problems at all. Works just as it should.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

adam355

Reaction score
Are any of you using outlook 2010? If so is it syncing the suggested contacts folder to your phone along with the regular contacts? It does this on my droid pro and I hate it.

danwanna

Reaction score
It does sync the suggested contacts, but if you go into Contacts - Display Options and expand Corporate Sync you can hide them from your list.

adam355

Reaction score
It does sync the suggested contacts, but if you go into Contacts - Display Options and expand Corporate Sync you can hide them from your list.

I just did this and after i hide suggested contacts it says its hiding zero contacts. Basically the functionality is in place but it does not seem to work. Can someone else test this?

Thanks

OP
B

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
I'm using the native client and it works well but i just discovered that i cannot accept calendar invites. Anyone else deal with this or know how to accept invitations?

Here's what I have been able to figure out. You need to click "View Meeting" (it is on top where you'd find attachments - looks like a calendar). Scroll down on that next screen and it will have a drop down which I think by default is "tentative". Pull down to "accept" or "reject" and the dialogue box for reply, don't reply, reply with comment options that are used in Outlook will show up.

Hope that helps.

OP
B

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
I just did this and after i hide suggested contacts it says its hiding zero contacts. Basically the functionality is in place but it does not seem to work. Can someone else test this?

Thanks

I'm not clear on what you are trying to accomplish. If you can provide a bit more detail I'm happy to try it out on my Bionic and report back.

stevo95

Reaction score
If by secure email you mean SSL, then yes it works fine. Push works but I changed it to check every 15 minutes to save battery life. If anyone has a solution for encrypted email, would be interested to hear it.

I replaced stock app with Touchdown as it has a bunch of features not available on stock plus meeting accept seems to work a lot better. Touchdown was not great on the OG Droid but with teh speed and processing power of the Bionic, it is great.