Cordless wall plug for iPhone/android phones

OP
xeene

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's not available yet, it's a kickstarter that if enough people are interested it will be manufactured.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't like it.

First, looks like it'd be a serious PITA to use the device while it's charging on that thing.

Second, I don't like the idea of hanging my phone upside down from the usb port. Though you're not talking about much pressure, that constant slow pressure of the weight of the device pulling on it just doesn't seem like a good idea in the long run.

I guess maybe this product isn't geared towards me, but I was so mad when my cats chewed up the longer charging cable for my s4. I had to revert to the shorter Moto cable from my previous phone, because I couldn't see spending a few dollars on a new cable when I had one that worked just fine.

However, having a longer Samsung cable now with my new phone has been great. I like to be able to charge the device and still be able to use it easily without hugging the wall.

I'll pass. Good luck to them though.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Wireless charging is the future and this product brings none of that to the table. If I could plug that ball in and set my phone near it and receive a charge I would back it. I like that it compacts the charging prongs into itself for when it isn't being used, but it is too big. It would block at least one outlet in my house since we do not have any dual charging outlets. Ours are all 4 or more per outlet.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Wireless charging is the future and this product brings none of that to the table. If I could plug that ball in and set my phone near it and receive a charge I would back it. I like that it compacts the charging prongs into itself for when it isn't being used, but it is too big. It would block at least one outlet in my house since we do not have any dual charging outlets. Ours are all 4 or more per outlet.
Oh yeah. I scoffed when I read that they're calling it wireless. Technically, ok, sure. But replacing the plug at the end of a decent-lengthed wire with just a plug isn't the answer.

I agree with the rest of your points. The fact that it retracts is great and it's also big if you don't have any 2-outlet jobs.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
This just isn't convenient. I've got no outlets that this would be of any use. I'm not charging my phone in the kitchen or bathroom.