Copy/paste problem

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Long pressing a word in, for example, a text file, to copy it to the clipboard, doesn't always work. Sometimes I have to reboot too make it work. For example, I log into my online banking app and it's a pain in the butt to have to keep typing in my password so I copy it from a text file in my notepad and then paste it into the banking app. But it doesn't always give me the copy/paste popup. Is there a fix for this?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
You don't have it to sign in with you fingerprint or remember ? Most my apps I don't need to remember password they either use my face or fingerprint on sign in ..

LG G7

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
All well and good but, back to the question, why doesn't copy/paste work as advertised?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Does copy paste fail only in banking app ? Or across different areas like browser ..

LG G7

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
It's the COPY part that doesn't work from my notepad. That's an encrypted text file where I keep all my serial numbers, passwords and user names. I can't copy out of that. It also won't copy for a word on a web page either.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hmmm don't know other than maybe that notepad app needs clearing app data maybe a shot after backing up anything in it ..

LG G7

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
After some research, it appears the copy/paste function doesn't work in all applications. I guess my notepad is one of them....ratz.