Cool new cable internet service

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
A funny thing happened to me today. I had problems with my internet connection yesterday. I was told that there was an outage in my area, but even after I was told that it was fixed I still did not have a connection. I spoke with tech support and they said I needed a new modem. So I went down to the local cable office and picked up a new modem. While I was there spotted a sign that was offering a rate of less than half of what I was already paying. They were offering $19.95 a month for the 5 meg package. I am currently on the 10 meg package, but I also paying close to $55 a month and figured that every penny helps, so i switched plans (not the funny part, btw:)). When I hooked up the modem tonight I had to call back in the tech support so that they could change the mac id in their system and get me up and running. The tech had me run through some tests and one of them was a speed test. She had me go to speedtest.net and I was shocked at the results. I have NEVER had more than 10 megs down in any test ever run at my house and I am only paying for 5 megs now, but look at this....................

618795959.png

This should be really cool when I get my Droid and use Wifi.:greendroid:

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
lol thats funny =]...i wish i had fast internet lol...i got my PC and PS3 connected through ethernet and my sis laptop and my bros other ps3 on wifi and damn do i need a faster internet lol

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
holy cow.....your line must be the size of an oil pipeline

here's mine

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
John isnt there a server closer? thats 100 miles out......

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
all i can say is WOOT WOOT for free bandwidth.

HOLY CRAP LADY! said:
With her blistering 40 gigabits per second connection, Sigbritt Löthberg had the world's fastest internet connection - many thousands of times faster than the average residential link and the first time ever that a home user had experienced such a high speed.

Something tells me she has us all beat. :mad:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i have a 20/10 connection but im only getting about 20/3 right now my girl is uploading some large files to work right now..

619364695.png

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
my internet speed @ work :(

Frederick, MD

Washington, DC

Ouch, that could make for a long day...

621680407.png

Obviously I do most of my major downloading from work. It's nice to be able to pull a fully loaded distro down in a matter of minutes.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
As soon as Flash 10.2 comes to Android, I'm quite curious to find out what my Droid's speed is.

96accord

Reaction score
Ouch, that could make for a long day...

621680407.png

Obviously I do most of my major downloading from work. It's nice to be able to pull a fully loaded distro down in a matter of minutes.

Yeah lately I have been out of the office installing new PC's at Fire Stations so it doesn't matter to me. We have around 5,000 users with a 20 Mb/s Cable connection.... Doesn't work too good but government (local) is too cheap to upgrade to T1