converting .mkv with subtitles

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
im looking for a video converter to convert some anime thats japanese audio and english subs in the .mkv and i was looking up handbrake but it doesnt support soft subs and i think maybe anyvideoconverter does but not sure

i never really converted any videos just a few and i used videora for my psp but that was super easy and not much you could choose from could someone help me out

D

dvdcatalyst

im looking for a video converter to convert some anime thats japanese audio and english subs in the .mkv and i was looking up handbrake but it doesnt support soft subs

DVD Catalyst 3 and DVD Catalyst Free both let you select from multiple audio languages (if available) as well as the subtitles found in the file.

If your subtitle files are in SRT format, DVD Catalyst 3 can use those as well.

OP
tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
any specific settings i should use to get good quality and good playback for the droid 1

D

dvdcatalyst

any specific settings i should use to get good quality and good playback for the droid 1

if you are using DVD Catalyst 3, just select one of the Droid profiles. I would recommend going for the standard one first. The HQ and HQ2 profiles are better quality, but my own preference is faster conversions at a good quality and a good filesize rather than slower conversions at great quality.

You can add multiple files before you start a conversion, but I would suggest to start with one so you can fiddle around a bit until you have the settings the way you want them.

Start program, drag one file onto it, and when you click on it after it has been scanned, you can click on "custom subs" at the bottom to select an SRT subtitle file. Start the conversion, let it run for 5-10 minutes and see how it turns out.

If the subtitle size is too small, look in Global Settings > Advanced to increase the size.

OP
tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
Cool thanks a lot for the help i will try it out later tonight and post back how it worked and what app would you recomend i figured i would use rockplayer

Sent from my Droid

D

dvdcatalyst

Cool thanks a lot for the help i will try it out later tonight and post back how it worked and what app would you recomend i figured i would use rockplayer

Sent from my Droid

Sure, no problem.

My own preference goes towards Act1.

RockPlayer is great for playing lots of different filetypes, such as divx, mkv and xvid, but it uses a software playback engine, while Gallery and Act1 use the build-in hardware support for video playback, resulting in better battery life.

OP
tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
well tried the free version for droid not really impressed with quality of the video cause its not as clear as original file when played with rockplayer but i liked that i could have the subtitles and the audio was in sync also the font for the subtitles are a little weird (too blocky) not bad just odd but im sure the paid version would do a lot better overall i like it being simple and it works well

also act one has less video quality then the default gallery app

would anyone know how to get subtitles with any video converter and what setting would be best for the droid??