Convert nandroid backup to update.zip

STEPx1503

Reaction score
So I was wondering what programs so I need to convert all the files in my backup nandroid backup folder into a flashable update.zip ... I know it can be done but I just don't know how... any help would be apprececiated...

Sent from my Droid2Gaaaangsta w/ Rooted GB-CM7

OP
S

STEPx1503

Reaction score
Could I use android kitchen? I know its mainly used for HTC, but us moto also supported?

Asphyx

Reaction score
the Update.zip install requires Moto Signed zip files if I'm not mistaken so it is not possible at this point AFAIK...
CWM Might have a method for shutting off signature checks though so if you shut that off that might be the way to go.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
well, geohot broke sony, it's only a matter of time before someone breaks moto, man I wish I had more free time and knowledge

OP
S

STEPx1503

Reaction score
Then my revised question is- how can i convert my backup to a flashable zip. Basically found my base now I want to render some things different colors and change some icons and stuff...

Asphyx

Reaction score
Then my revised question is- how can i convert my backup to a flashable zip. Basically found my base now I want to render some things different colors and change some icons and stuff...

Just flash it with the same program you used to make it which I suspect is CMR...

OP
S

STEPx1503

Reaction score
No, my backup is a bunch of image files. If I were to compile those image files to a zip, would it extract the image files by itself or do I need to extract the image files then recompile the files and folders within to a zip? If so, what program do I use to extract the files and folders from the image files?

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think I have an idea for a long way around.
You up for a challenge?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Use yaffs2 to extract the files from inside the image and then take a working update zip from a rom and just replace the files inside it with the files from the image.

Tbh, its easier to use adb to pull the files out rather than having to make a backup, unyaff's the images, then zip it.

OP
S

STEPx1503

Reaction score
Where do I place the unyaffs .c and .h files? Also- where do I run the command? Device or desktop?

OP
S

STEPx1503

Reaction score
Nvm, I finally got unyaffs working. Unzipped my system.img ... that's my whole rom correct?.. Like, I was rooted on gb; will it be a backup up rooted version of gb? Basically the same thing as the p3droid pre rooted gb ...

Last edited:

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Not really.... It doesnt have the kernel update, the baseband update, or the radio update. Also, you can only flash it via CWR, not stock recovery.