Contest Poll: Win a Brand New Elephone S2 Smartphone!

MicroSD Card Slots on smartphones...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
It's looking like people aren't as dependant upon SDCards anymore according to the current poll standings. From all of the hub bub about Sammy killing SDCards that you read about here I would have thought the poll would go the opposite route.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
According to this survey, 41% are important to me but could live without and 32% couldn't live without one. Only 26% think they're not important.

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I think they'll be back with the S7. I'm thinking Samsung was too far into production with the Note 5 and they were really banking on the S6 doing well. I'm predicting less than stellar sales with the Note 5, which will be the final nail in the coffin.
Mark my words, Sammy WILL return to ext sd cards and removable batteries on the S7. (Ext SD cards at the very least)

S5 tap'n

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
It's not just Sammy's fault though. Google had announced the end of support for any Sdcards before the S6 launch. Then they did an about face when they launched 5.0 and baked the support back in.

doncavin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Why toss the versatility gained with tens of gigs of extra storage in your pocket. Battery's and SD cards are very important.

sweetmarty

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6
I'm D. It's very important to me but I could definitely live without one..

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
A: I've owned devices that had them, and didn't use 'em. Carry the music I listen to on a 160gb iPod classic, and with my wife being a photographer, space for saving photos isn't important.

Just took a look at the storage on my Nexus 6 - 25.98gb total space, 21.13gb available. Had it since early February. ;)

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
For me, it's not as important as it used to be, but definitely preferred. As long as the phone comes with great amount of space and cheap enough, then I dont mind. However, if I have a choice and there are no huge differences in specs between my options, i'll go with the card support. My only complain with phones that doesnt have sd support is that you are somewhat forced to buy the more expensive package due to size limitation. If they just implement a minimum of 64gb storage at the very least post OS installation, then I really wouldnt mind, given that they dont jack up the price even further. Right now, I have 16gb S5 with 64gb card in the slot. Im okay with the storage, but having problem with 16gb (unrooted) for my apps with google lock down on SD cards.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I am HEAVILY Considering a Elephone P8000 & Vowney for my next Phones! Spec-Wise and for the Money look outstanding. I am getting ready to Say goodbye to Big Red!

Georgekg

Reaction score
E. ... are very important to me, and I (couldn't say that way, but) don't want a phone without one. It's not quite true that I don't want phone without micro SD card slot, but it is a lot easier to transfer data, especialy if the micro SD card slot is somewhere on the side of the phone and when it is not necessary to opent the cover or even pull out the battery. It is a lot easier to just pull out micro SD card and transfer the data, than looking for the cables or connect phone wirelesly with the pc. It is still important to me, but I could buy the phone without one if I find it good to me.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk