Contest Poll: Win a Brand New Elephone S2 Smartphone!

MicroSD Card Slots on smartphones...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
contest_time-banner.gif

elephone-s2-press-pic.jpg

We have a special treat for you folks, thanks to @Jeffrey (for negotiating this) and the folks at Elephone (who graciously gave us the unit). DroidForums is giving away a brand new Elephone S2! This is the same phone that our very own @cereal killer reviewed last week.

The contest to win this device is fun and easy too. The topic of Micro SD Card slots missing from smartphones has been cropping up a great deal lately, and here at HQ this made us curious to see just how much the trends have changed on the subject. What better way is there to figure that out than with a poll?

To enter the contest, you simply need to vote in the poll. We will make your votes visible and then choose a winner from among them randomly. Since you can't enter more than once, there's no way to get duplicate entries, and it let's you continue discussing the subject in the thread if you want without messing up the contest.

The contest/poll will stop on Monday, Aug 11, 2015 at 12:44 PM (CT), and the winner will be announced Tuesday.

*Update - We extended the timeframe for voting and entering the contest to match up with when the poll closes. OP Updated above.

Full Disclosure: the Elephone S2 DOES include a Micro SD Slot.

Here's the poll:

MicroSD Card Slots on smartphones...

A. ...are not important to me and never have been important to me.
B. ...are no longer important to me, but they used to be.
C. ...are no longer needed. I am indifferent, but I can see why some may want one.
D. ...are important to me, but I could live without one.
E. ...are very important to me, and I don't want a phone without one.
F. ...other (please share your other perspective in a reply to this thread.)

Last edited:

DomHack

Reaction score
E...I use a lot of SD Cards and it makes it easier to throw into a camera or use as storage space when connecting to a computer. I like the sleekness of a phone without SD slots,, but overall SD slots are the key to organization for me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I know I'm not allowed to win because I'm staff, but I voted anyway. I like to have an SD card slot, but I don't fully utilize it. As @DomHack said, it's nice to have that extra storage space on the occasion I need to use my phone as a portable drive for a PC, but I also have a USB stick sitting in a drawer that I rarely use that could fill that usage need.

Best of luck to all who're eligible to win! That device looked pretty sweet in the video.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes! Please vote, even if you are staff and can't win. We want to gage this topic effectively so we need as many members to vote as possible. :)

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
C Maybe I'm unusual but I have wifi available nearly everywhere. I also chose TMobile for unlimited LTE even if coverage isn't the best (though its pretty damn awesome in my area). I know everyone cant' say the same but with stuff like this microSD is a thing of the past. Put that on your keychain and there ya go.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I gave up on SD Cards with my current phone (Turbo) but I am going back with my next phone which will be whatever LG releases next if they don't get all Sammy and get rid of them... or MAYBE AN ELEPHONE! :D

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Voted for C.

For me with the cloud I have been ok without an external sdcard. As much as I voiced for one in the past my past two phones (nexus 5 and Nexus 6) didn't have one and frankly there were few times I needed it.

With that said I do not think it is fair to lump everyone into the same group as we all use our phones differently. Think it is similar to the UD (unlimited data) argument in that just because you may not need it, it is not fair to suggest no one else does. People on the go, or who are away from a strong signal, may need to rely on a larger storage space for multimedia, pics, and other files.

Will we adapt, yeah, but I hope we continue to offer devices with external memory for those who need it. ....

Sort of off topic but I am interested in seeing where Blackberry will fit in all this.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
E I use it to keep from having to use data when I'm on the road. Without it I could use DropBox or Drive or one of the many other cloud storage options I have but they all consume data if I'm away from WiFi

[edit] one more thing, adding a microSD card is cheaper than purchasing most phones with more internal storage.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I'd prefer to have an SD slot, but between my OG Nexus 7 and my LG G2, I've grown accustomed to doing without one for a long time.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
A - got a tablet with everything on it. Never even close to full on the phones

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I like having an SD card... I just wish android allowed full use of it as it did in older builds, when I could decide if apps were SD or internal.

maybe we need a pico SD card... so small that it won't take ANY space and then this will be a non issue

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
E. I need an ext SD card. I'm still holding out for Samsung to return to using them when they release the S7. If not, I may be moving to an LG, as it looks like they still appreciate those who like/use this versatile storage media.

S5 tap'n

badtoy1986

Reaction score
I also voted C. I had them and never used them accept when I had a 16Gb phone for extra movie storrage (that I never watched). Now that 32Gb is near standard and with the new storage technologies and cloud storage I have not need for one. I keep all of my pictures and videos backed on the photos app. I also understand that for carriers no SD card is better because you will likely use more data while transferring data to and from the cloud.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I voted D. Even though I can't win (darn, lol), I want to see as much representation for this poll as possible. I definitely like having my info safeguarded on my own storage. It makes it easier doing fdr's, switching it from device to device, not relying on data or cloud (use that minimally bc I don't want my important stuff out there), backing up and overall convenience. But if the device had the specs to entice me, I could reconsider.

sent from my Note3 (soon to be??) using tapatalk