Contacts

vandyike

Reaction score
I have a contact Dr Xxx with his office phone #. In my call log the several times I have called the Dr his name does not appear- Dr Zzz's does. Turns out this Dr Zzz is a partner in the office. Anyone explain this?

CatsTide

Reaction score
I have a contact Dr Xxx with his office phone #. In my call log the several times I have called the Dr his name does not appear- Dr Zzz's does. Turns out this Dr Zzz is a partner in the office. Anyone explain this?
is dr zzz in your contacts?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've seen this happen with other smartphones as well. Guess they have the same number? It has to pick and choose one or the other. Not sure why it's not using the contact name that you dialed.

bdbraaten

Reaction score
I've had this happen with two contacts with the same number as well. It seems to pick the one that comes first alphabetically.

I had to take my home number out of the contact I setup for myself for use with bump and contact owner apps on the phone otherwise it would think it was me calling not my wife and not give the correct ring town. it would also show my name in the call screen and log instead of hers when I tried calling her, even though I'd picked her name when placing the call.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
After I added my five year old daughter's name to my contact list with our home number, various applications have decided I'm calling her rather than my wife. Oddly, when a call comes from my wife (using the home phone) the phone believes it's me calling me.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
If they are both in your contacts it will merge them together as one contact if they have the same number. You can fix it by going into the contact>menu>edit>menu>separate

They will then be separate contacts. As for which one will come up on caller ID and/or call log, seems totally random and I haven't figured that out yet. lol

OP
V

vandyike

Reaction score
Wierd since Dr Zzzz is not even in my contact list or any Google file.