Contacts widget similar to LauncherPro but for stock homescreen?

LeoBloom

Reaction score
I am using a Droid PRO with GB. I have purchased LauncherPro much earlier on but when I updated to GB, it seems to crash very often. I've switched to stock and reorganized everything to my liking, but I can't seem to find a contacts widget similar enough to the one in LauncherPro, which was perfect for me. I don't even need it to be scrollable; I only have a few starred contacts I need right in front of me. Any suggestions?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I am using a Droid PRO with GB. I have purchased LauncherPro much earlier on but when I updated to GB, it seems to crash very often. I've switched to stock and reorganized everything to my liking, but I can't seem to find a contacts widget similar enough to the one in LauncherPro, which was perfect for me. I don't even need it to be scrollable; I only have a few starred contacts I need right in front of me. Any suggestions?

Maybe give https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gau.go.launcherex&feature=more_from_developer <-- Go Launcher EX a try with https://market.android.com/details?....gowidget.contactwidget&feature=search_result <-- their contact widget.

OP
L

LeoBloom

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already configured my stock launcher to my liking. Since I don't know any easy way to port all my shortcuts, widgets, etc to corresponding home screens on a different launcher, I'd prefer to stick to contact widgets that work on the default launcher.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Doesnt the Droid Pro run the default MotoBlur launcher? If so, just use the built-in Contacts Quick Task Widgets...hey are basically the same as what Launcher Pro contact widgets do...

Add them by long pressing on a homescreen and selecting Widgets===>Contact Quick Tasks===>and go from there...

OP
L

LeoBloom

Reaction score
This is closer to what I'd like, but the way motoblur chooses to crop the photos can get really awkward. I'm getting bust shots for some of my friends. On the other hand, that may not be a bad thing...