Contacts sync, but can not add contact

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever have an issue when you try to add a contact in to your contacts, an error comes up that says, "Can not create a new contact without a valid account"?

What the hell? I can add in the PC and sync, but what about when you're out and you need to add someone's info?

Anyway, any one have any ideas how to fix this?

EDIT: Also when I'm in the contacts and click menu > settings, nothing shows. I've never tried before so I'm not sure what is supposed to be there.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you're in your contacts do you see a bar at the top of the contacts? Tap that and select your gmail account. Then press settings and you should see add contact. Add. Save.

Last edited:
OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you're in your contacts do you see a bar at the top of the contacts? Tap that and select your gmail account. Then press settings and you should see add contact. Add. Save.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Attached is the screen shot. The only clickable bar is where it says "Contacts: All Contacts" and that only opens the "Display Group" menu.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, since nothing on this, how about why existing apps won't update? They download but fail to instal.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, since nothing on this, how about why existing apps won't update? They download but fail to instal.

Ok got that one fixed.... how 'bout that contacts issue? :icon_eek:

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok so far so good. I updated to Ape X 1.4.1 and it seems to be working again.