Contacts not working

tch1981

Reaction score
I recently rooted my d2g and removed the stupid backup assistant and now my contacts app will not work. I can view the names in the list but when I go to open any one contact and the app shuts down. Had anyone else run into this problem?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
tch1981

tch1981

Reaction score
I am rooted cm7. since rooted I have been unable to get my contacts app to work, unable to even click on a contact to txt, call, etc. when I do it automatically closes. Anyone else out there have this prob, our any ideas on how to fix this issue?

OP
tch1981

tch1981

Reaction score
Changed mod to cm nightly...same issues. Only thing I had done that I can guess is I removed backup assistant

blueblade3000

Reaction score
I rooted my Droid X2, installed Terminal Emulator, and started deleting apps. I must have deleted something important, because my "Contacts" list is not functioning. I can open "Contacts", view the list, but tapping on an individual contact shuts down the app. Error message is "The application Contacts Storage (process com.motorola.contacts) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

If I receive a call or text from someone on my contact list, the name still shows up, I just can't view contact details. I removed some bloatware, and I was trying to remove the VCAST app store. I used this site, and deleted Verizon Apps that the site said were safe to delete. Droid 3 How To: bloatware removal list

Any idea which file I shouldn't have deleted? I didn't delete anything that said "keep" on that site.

Minahan1

Reaction score
Did you delete any of the Goole apps?
That is usually where this happens that I found out.

blueblade3000

Reaction score
Did you delete any of the Goole apps?
That is usually where this happens that I found out.

Wootness! I did, but now that I reinstalled "GoogleServicesFramework.apk" , all is well.

Yes, when I said, "I didn't delete anything that said "keep" on that site.", I lied. Forgot, actually. I originally deleted it to prevent access to the Google Play store.

Thanks!

Minahan1

Reaction score
Awesome glad you got it back.
Next time maybe I will spell things corrrectly!

Last edited: